Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Automation and Control Electrical Engineer Intern- Summer 2024
Our Intern Program is inclusive to all our US sites and is designed to give each intern a concentrated view of what it is like to be an engineer at Sensata.
Internship projects vary from year to year and are based on current business needs at the time of the internship. Specific details will be provided prior to your start date, but all projects are technical and require a sound understanding of engineering principles.
As an Automation and Control Design Engineer Intern at Sensata, you will be tasked to work within a dedicated and talented engineering team. This will involve designing, testing, installing and maintaining production line manufacturing equipment in a global environment. This position requires the one to take ownership of various aspects of a design project including providing input assisting in the definition of the hardware control system architecture, system software development, configuration management and creating documentation packages. This position requires the individual to be able to work within multi-disciplined product teams to ensure that the end system is both cost effective and optimal to meet the needs of the business.
As an Automation Electrical Engineer Intern possible responsibilities could include:
- Design process flows and logic for industrial manufacturing equipment
- Develop PLC, HMI and computer programs that meet functional requirements of equipment
- Evaluate various automation technologies for suitability in automated equipment designs.
- Perform basic circuit troubleshooting, logic sequencing debug and database integration of industrial control systems.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Experience developing code in at least one computer programming language
- Familiarity with computer programming techniques and architecture development and have experience with object-oriented principles and patterns
- General understanding of low voltage electrical control circuits.
- Participate in engineering design reviews as required
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform system tests
- Ability to communicate and interface well with other members of a multidiscipline development team
- C# programming experience is a plus
- PLC programming experience is a plus
- Must be currently pursuing B.S., M.Eng., or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, from an accredited program
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident is NOT required for this position, however proper work authorizations will be required
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.