Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Electrical Engineer Intern- Summer 2024
Our Intern Program is inclusive to all our US sites and is designed to give each intern a concentrated view of what it is like to be an engineer at Sensata.
Internship projects vary from year to year and are based on current business needs at the time of the internship. Specific details will be provided prior to your start date, but all projects are technical and require a sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Support multiple new applications, defining use of existing ASICs and new ASIC needs.
- Build and test prototype samples.
- Work in teams to solve complex technical problems and support high volume production lines.
- Create engineering prints and specifications.
- Use computers to model device performance and visualize complex designs.
- Apply statistical methods to data analysis.
- Interface with customers on key design issues.
- Work in teams to identify and implement the best possible solutions and support high volume production lines.
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Evaluates equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Apply core engineering concepts to solve complex, unfamiliar, and novel problems
- Clearly and concisely communicate complex information to peers, managers, and customers
- Take initiative and think creatively
- Overcome obstacles and tenaciously drive to achieve goals
- Achieve results with teams, as a colleague and as a leader
- Must be currently pursuing B.S., M.Eng., or M.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident is NOT required for this position, however proper work authorizations will be required.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.