Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Field Services Engineer
As a Selux Field Service Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to use your technical experience by collaborating with healthcare professionals and leading technical initiatives in medical device technology. You will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and updating medical devices in a hospital laboratory setting with the support of a Boston-based technical support team. Selux’s current product is a floor standing, automated, Antimicrobial Sensitivity Testing instrument which offers a fantastic opportunity for you to advance your technical and leadership skills. We are hiring immediately with a target start date of as soon as possible. This position requires you to travel 50-75% of the time, often with short notice, and you must have open availability Monday through Friday.
- Serve as a high-level resource and expert in installation, testing, and updating medical devices
- Configure software and network products within hospital laboratories
- Serve as customer contact for complex technical and service-related problems and determine the most cost-effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
- Drive the sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly with an emphasis on a "first time fix”
- Close service calls upon completion
- Provide reports for analysis of failure trends and serviceability issues and document all activity in a manner compliant with company's quality procedures
- You will have the opportunity to help develop, maintain, and continuously improve Selux’s quality system and achieve quality objectives through daily actions to support sales growth and customer satisfaction
- Lives in Western United States (CO, AZ, NV, NM, TX and UT) or Middle US (IN, KY, TN and OH are ideal)
- High school diploma and at least 2 years of technical school, equivalent military training, or equivalent work experience
- Four-year college degree preferred
- An active and unrestricted driver license is required for this position
- Must be comfortable with basic software programs and Microsoft operating system
- Proficiency in assembling and disassembling diverse equipment and devices
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time and lift a weight up to 50 pounds
- Experience in healthcare, field service, engineering, biomedical, maintenance, customer service, electronics, electrical, technical work, and IT is beneficial for this position
- Knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and information technology
- Knowledge of basic biology/chemistry
- Good written/verbal communication, organization, and prioritization skills
- Effective customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout her/his day/week
- Self-motivation and ability to manage a dynamic schedule
Antibiotics are lifesaving drugs, but rapidly emerging antimicrobial resistance is threatening that reality. Selux’s mission is to preserve the lifesaving efficacy of antibiotics by providing diagnostic results in hours, rather than days, and we are building a multidisciplinary team of talented individuals to help achieve this mission.
Joining the Selux team will give you an opportunity to harness your talent and advance your career by working in diverse groups of high-performing teammates tackling the most important healthcare challenges.
The customers and patients we serve have diverse life experiences and so do we. Selux is focused on hiring talented people from a wide range of backgrounds and providing an environment where everyone feels that they belong. We offer a competitive benefits package including healthcare, 401K match, stock option grants, open paid time off and supportive family leave policies.
Vaccination is a requirement of employment.
Selux Diagnostics is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe every member of the Selux team is an essential contributor to our vision of preserving the lifesaving power of antibiotics and that our strength lies not only in what we do, but how we do it. These values represent the way that Seluxors approach their work. If you're someone who is relentless, collaborative, and adaptable, Selux might be just the place for you!
- Relentless in the pursuit of our mission: We know that every second counts for patients and we are dedicated to saving lives and fighting antimicrobial resistance.
- Collaboration drives innovation: We’re people people through and through. We love to work and play together and believe we are capable of more when we join forces as a community.
- Adapt with grace: The only way to achieve our goals is by staying flexible and positive when faced with uncertainty. We see challenges as opportunities to grow.