Laboratory Information System Integration Specialist
As the Laboratory Information System Integration Specialist for Selux Diagnostics, you will be the customer facing expert who focuses on bridging the chasm between our Antibiotic Susceptibility testing instruments and our customer’s Laboratory Information System. You will be the subject matter expert within Selux’s Customer Service team who coordinates with laboratory and IT personnel to install Selux’s middleware solution. You will work closely with our customer’s LIS teams to ensure our diagnostic results are rapidly and accurately translated into the Lab Information System so those results can be acted upon to improve patient care.
- Work with customer labs to establish communication between Selux AST systems and the customer’s chosen LIS infrastructure.
- Lead and coordinate all middleware installations at customer sites.
- Work with internal and external software development teams to drive continuous improvement of our LIS integration solution.
- Modify the middleware or informatics software to ensure accurate rules and results.
- Integrate third-party hardware, including other diagnostic instruments, PC workstations and servers to ensure our instruments are receiving and sending all information necessary to achieve accurate patient results.
- Train customers and their LIS teams in the operation of our middleware and integration solution.
- Other duties as assigned
- Should have 5+ years of practical experience with Lab Information Systems, Middleware solutions, Laboratory Automation, HL7/ASTM Standards, Medical Device Software design and strategy, Clinical Data Management, Clinical Systems Integration.
- BA/BS degree in IT, Biological Sciences or Medical Technologies.
- Although this role is remote to Boston, you must be able to travel up to 85% of the time to client sites. A valid driver’s license and clearance to travel is required.
- Ability to diligently manage travel schedule and customer projects, company assets, and expenses within company guidelines.
Antibiotics are lifesaving drugs, but rapidly emerging antimicrobial resistance is threatening that reality. Selux’s mission is to preserve the lifesaving efficacy of antibiotics by providing diagnostic results in hours, rather than days, and we are building a multidisciplinary team of talented individuals to help achieve this mission.
Joining the Selux team will give you an opportunity to harness your talent and advance your career by working in diverse groups of high-performing teammates tackling the most important healthcare challenges.
The customers and patients we serve have diverse life experiences and so do we. Selux is focused on hiring talented people from a wide range of backgrounds and providing an environment where everyone feels that they belong. We offer a competitive benefits package including healthcare, 401K match, stock option grants, open paid time off and supportive family leave policies.
Vaccination is a requirement of employment.
Selux Diagnostics is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe every member of the Selux team is an essential contributor to our vision of preserving the lifesaving power of antibiotics and that our strength lies not only in what we do, but how we do it. These values represent the way that Seluxors approach their work. If you're someone who is relentless, collaborative, and adaptable, Selux might be just the place for you!
- Relentless in the pursuit of our mission: We know that every second counts for patients and we are dedicated to saving lives and fighting antimicrobial resistance.
- Collaboration drives innovation: We’re people people through and through. We love to work and play together and believe we are capable of more when we join forces as a community.
- Adapt with grace: The only way to achieve our goals is by staying flexible and positive when faced with uncertainty. We see challenges as opportunities to grow.