Staff Systems Engineer
Selux is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Systems Engineer to augment our stellar team of scientists and engineers. The ideal candidate will be well versed in product development, reliability engineering, and statistics and able to apply those skills to lead the reliability data collection, assessment, and improvement efforts for the Selux AST platform. This candidate must be capable of presenting complex ideas to diverse teams from executives to engineers and scientists while going into sufficient technical depth to present nuance and insight into both simple and complex recommended product improvements. This candidate must be able to lead without direct management responsibility and have excellent follow-through to complete design documentation for approved features, delegating as needed.
- Lead the planning, testing and data collection, data aggregation, analysis, reporting, and improvement of system level performance with emphasis on customer experienced reliability and planned maintenance intervals by using, enhancing, and maintaining a set of custom data analysis tools. Work with Customer Support and Systems to design, enhance, and scale the data ingestion workflows.
- Apply advanced statistics and process engineering approaches to objectively analyze system performance data.
- Clearly present complex system performance and maintenance data to cross functional teams of engineers, scientists, and executives, providing recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- Be a hands-on subject matter expert on the performance and reliability of the Selux Rapid AST platform.
- Mentor junior engineers in statistics, process engineering, reliability engineering, root cause analysis, and practical engineering programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS (MS preferred) in an engineering discipline such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Software
- 6+ years’ experience in Systems, Reliability, Manufacturing, and/or Process Engineering or other related fields of complex systems and in interdisciplinary environment (laboratory diagnostics and automation preferred)
- Strong programming skills, e.g. Python, encompassing data ingestion, analysis, and visualization
- Solid working knowledge of product development and process optimization practices, ideally under an ISO 9001, FDA 21 CFR 820, or ISO 13485 (or similar) quality system.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of reliability engineering (particularly root cause analysis and troubleshooting of electromechanical systems).
- Ability to work creatively and productively across engineering and science. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of information into usable communications
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
Antibiotics are lifesaving drugs, but rapidly emerging antimicrobial resistance is threatening that reality. Selux envisions a world where we are able to preserve the lifesaving power of antibiotics for future generations. Our mission is to do this by delivering personalized diagnostic information to optimize treatment when patients are most in need. We are building a multidisciplinary team of talented individuals to help achieve this mission.
Joining the Selux team will give you an opportunity to harness your talent and advance your career by working in diverse groups of high-performing teammates tackling the most important healthcare challenges.
The customers and patients we serve have diverse life experiences and so do we. Selux is focused on hiring talented people from a wide range of backgrounds and providing an environment where everyone feels that they belong. We offer a competitive benefits package including healthcare, 401K match, stock option grants, open paid time off and supportive family leave policies.
Vaccination is a requirement of employment.
Selux Diagnostics is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe every member of the Selux team is an essential contributor to our vision of preserving the lifesaving power of antibiotics and that our strength lies not only in what we do, but how we do it. These values represent the way that Seluxors approach their work. If you're someone who is relentless, collaborative, and adaptable, Selux might be just the place for you!
- Relentless in the pursuit of our mission: We know that every second counts for patients and we are dedicated to saving lives and fighting antimicrobial resistance.
- Collaboration drives innovation: We’re people people through and through. We love to work and play together and believe we are capable of more when we join forces as a community.
- Adapt with grace: The only way to achieve our goals is by staying flexible and positive when faced with uncertainty. We see challenges as opportunities to grow.