Senior Software Engineer- ENDUR
Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
August 22, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
If you’re an experienced & exceptional Java software engineer with Endur and energy trading experience, this role will allow you to shape a greenfield Endur implementation. This innovative implementation will define and adopt best practices in every aspect of the project, providing exceptional learning and growth opportunities for the right individual.
Where you fit in
Shell Energy is part of Shell’s Trading & Supply division. Our focus is on natural gas, power, LNG and environmental products markets through major hubs in London, Houston, Dubai, Singapore and Brisbane. We are at the heart of the energy transition; delivering Shell’s ambition to become a provider of more and cleaner energy solutions for the future in a highly dynamic and challenging environment. Our people are spread across the globe, bringing energy marketing and trading experience, a wealth of market knowledge and a deep understanding of supply chains that allow us to innovate and develop tailored energy solutions and products, while also helping our customers decarbonize their businesses. As the Senior Software Engineer for ENDUR, there will be a significant challenge and an opportunity to grow their careers as part of a team intent on pushing the boundaries of ETRM systems. That team sits at the core of an industry-leading organization at the very heart of the energy transition; helping to ensure a brighter future for everyone.
What’s the role?
Shell Energy has significant growth ambitions over the coming years. In order to meet our company’s growth and Decarbonisation targets, you will embark on a major programme of work to modernise our Energy Trading Risk Management System (ETRM) platform.
Your role includes:
- Assisting in the end-to-end application operations delivery of the leading Energy Trading Risk Management platform in the industry, Openlink Endur, v11 for Crude Oil and v14 for Products.
- Utilizing critical technical and functional skills, where the size and scale of the application landscape requires a specialist, to assist in the application support delivery for Shell Energy landscapes for all incident, problem, and change-related activities, primarily focusing on the North America region, working closely with the global Trading & Supply Operations Landscape Management (OLM) team.
- Deliver smooth operations of applications and provide technical expertise related to the application landscape.
- Contribute by performing actions that maintain the integrity, security and compliance of the application landscape, reduce incident volume and provide speedy and quality problem resolution.
- Expand your knowledge in areas such as Kafka integration, Azure Monitor & Insights, logging frameworks, and Open Components to build out (and upon) a set of foundational capabilities that pin all Endur instances in the Shell Energy Trading space.
What we need from you
- Graduate of any Bachelor's Degree with at least 8 years of related work experience
- Experience in ENDUR L2 and Beck Office support is an advantage
- Experience interfacing the Endur application with external components for the purposes of data transfer both inbound and outbound
- Extensive knowledge of the Endur data model for static and transactional data, with a focus on power and gas markets
- Experience developing external OpenComponents applications
- Experience developing OpenComponents extensions e.g. Result Calculator, Curve Constructor etc.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its business footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some ways we nurture an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.