Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
August 23, 2023
Posting Start Date:
What’s the role?
The successful candidate will work in an integrated high-performance Shearwater Asset Subsurface Development team, located in Aberdeen. This role will be part of a cross-functional subsurface/production team and in this role, you will contribute to planning and delivery of safe and efficient wells, maximizing value through well, reservoir and facility management, identifying, and maturing new in-field hydrocarbon opportunities, plus safe and efficient well abandonment. You will interface with exploration and new business development to high grade the portfolio and targeted maturation of highest value opportunities.
The Reservoir Engineer will work closely with the Area Development Subsurface Manager and Well Reservoir and Facility Lead and will be key in delivering:
- HSSE: Supporting and delivering subsurface safety critical activities
- Building and maintaining reservoir simulation models
- Reservoir engineering analytical studies in support of reservoir management and modelling
- Pressure transient analysis & reservoir simulation model calibration
- Technical inputs to reserves reporting and business planning
- Support for competitive scoping on field development plans, infill opportunities and recovery factor improvement
- Digitalization initiatives including visualization and reservoir data analytics
- External engagements including presenting at Technical Committee Meetings and Subsurface Workshops
Key interfaces include:
- Asset Development Subsurface Manager
- Well Reservoir and Facility Lead and subsurface coordinators.
- Integrated subsurface team members
- Senior and Principal Reservoir Engineers & Geoscientists
- RE Discipline Leads and technical authorities
- Subject Matter Experts
- Development Managers
- Production Technology & Concept Engineering
What we need from you
- Experience in delivery of subsurface safety critical activities
- Relevant Petroleum Engineering degree or equivalent
- Sound understanding of key reservoir engineering principles (Reservoir Simulation, PVT (Pressure Volume Temperature), Rel-Perm, PTA (Pressure Transient Analysis)
- Experience with Integrated Reservoir Modeling, including uncertainty handling.
- Experience with Integrated Production System Modelling
- Experience working with large & complex production data sets an advantage
- Performance focus: agility and a focus on delivery/performance, with a supporting commercial mind-set, coupled with the ability to take responsibility in an empowered organization. Willing to lead, integrate across functions and problem solve.
- Innovation / Learning mindset: doing things differently (simplified, efficient worked practices) and/or new technology application.
- Demonstrable networking and stakeholder management skills both internally and externally – ability to learn from and influence
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential. Well-developed reporting and presentation skills are helpful
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.