Terminal Operations Officer
Royal Dutch Shell
Downstream Supply Chain
Job Family Group:
July 24, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
What’s the role?
The Terminal Operations Officer supports administrative activities in the terminal including dispatching, inventory management and submission of reports and documents required by local legislation to track terminal performance, operational activities such as product handling, permit to work, asset management, and emergency response. The Terminal Operations Officer is a critical member of the Terminal Team ensuring safe, compliant, and efficient terminal operations. This role provides an excellent opportunity to get first-hand experience in Distribution Operations.
- Responsible for gantry product loading activities and ensure products are loaded safely, correctly and with quality.
- Responsible for dispatching activities including issuing of loading and delivery documents and security seals while confirming that loadings are entered correctly into the system and resolve any problems associated in this area.
- Responsible for stocks and meter reconciliation activities including tank and meter reports, investigations for discrepancies. Ensure that all stock and material movements/transactions are entered correctly into the system and that problems associated in this area resolved timely.
- Verify and record the correct quantity of hydrocarbons leaving the Terminal, ensuring accurate loss control and duty recording compliance.
- Responsible for preparing End-of-Day reports and for ensuring proper reviews, approvals, and retention of documents takes place.
- Responsible for preparing government-related reports and documentation.
- Responsible for records management on-site including proper records retention, inventory of office supplies, maintenance supplies.
- Support the Terminal Manager and Team lead in contractor workforce management, as applicable.
- Be actively involved in the implementation of operational standards on-site (e.g., Terminal Operations Manual, HSSE & SP Control Framework, T&S Asset Management System) and participate in the development of site-specific local operating procedures for site safety critical tasks.
- Perform Permit Issuer responsibilities ensuring all non-routine works are conducted safely and in compliance to Permit to Work procedure.
- Perform surveillance inspections and other maintenance-related activities and conduct daily terminal operator rounds and quality shift handovers.
- Perform emergency response role defined in the Terminal Emergency Response Team and notify Terminal Manager of potential crisis situations if applicable
- Model generative HSSE culture behaviors and promote this within site contractors and understand safety and compliance risks in own activities and commit to acting safely and ethically.
- Build trust and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. internal partners, third party operators, suppliers, local authorities, government agencies, etc.)
- Be on call 24/7 as part of emergency response.
What we need from you
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related fields, Master's Degree is a plus
- 2-6 years of working experience in oil and gas or related industries
- Detail oriented self-starter, well organized, independent and proactive
- Stakeholder management/engagement
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Willing to work on rotating shift including night shift
- Demonstrated Resiliency is a must to handle the stress related to the day-to-day terminal operations and people
- A mindset to continuously improve processes to enhance competitiveness
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand. The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand. For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.