RE Process and Transaction Support
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
August 14, 2023
Posting Start Date:
HR Corporate Functions
Where you fit in?
Real Estate (RE) manages the Group's Real Estate portfolio, Shell Business Operations and Corporate Travel programme. Strategic intent is to enable Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best.
The rapidly growing RE scope is one of the globe's largest RE portfolios and includes offices, industrial / labs and accommodation for Shell Businesses, Projects and Ventures. With over 600 staff, 8000 contractors and $1.2 billion spend (opex/capex), RE has a daily impact on over 82,000 employees and contractors by creating inspiring experiences. We contribute to Shell's world class investment case by driving a cost-competitive real estate portfolio, and more sustainable footprint through improved energy efficiencies and more renewable power.
Shell's RE team of professionals has established a strong reputation as mature Corporate Real Estate organisation, delivering portfolio strategies, commercial transactions, capital projects, facility and business operations services and travel support to the various Shell Businesses and Functions in all parts of the world. Therefore, RE continues to seek the best talent across Shell to become part of our team, and to help us meet these dynamic and growing business needs
What is the Role?
Shell's purpose: "We power progress together by providing more & cleaner energy solutions" has been translated into Real Estate's as " to create experiences for people to be at their best". These experiences are aimed for Shell's customers, employees and visitors to feel inspired, at ease, welcomed and focused on the activity at hand. In the role of RE Business Process Support, you will help to create these experiences.
- Have a strong interaction with staff from interconnected departments (Safety, Asset Protection. Hard Services, Facilities, Asset Disposal, etc ). Accountability for supporting RE Manager and RE team members to manage Opex (up to $13 million of annual spend), dispersed via several suppliers and also Real Estate Capex projects approved by the businesses.
- Support on Opex/Capex management, and help RE team to deliver a business competitive outcome (with adequate activities planning, budgeting, contract management, business controls & assurance)
- Analyse and identify budget/expenses deviations to ensure a proper allocation within the region
- Liaise with 3rd parties services and contracts to support site and business needs
- Work with Real Estate Portfolio Managers on local transactions where applicable and support Asset Disposal team to deliver the disposal plan for assets mapped to be divested
- Establish a strong alignment with RE South America team on tactical level to understand needs and identify opportunities to provide support
- Carry out administrative routines involving payments, provisions, reports generation, data inconsistency, etc.
The RE Business Process Support is based in Rio de Janeiro and reports to the RE Manager, South America
What we need from you?
- Must have legal authorization to work in Brazil on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- At least 5 yrs of relevant working experience
- Learner Mindset – Role model curiosity and reflection; open to learn from mistakes and successes
- Self-Starter – Able to recognize problems within systems and take action to resolve
- Teamwork – Can accomplish tasks as a team member, not the sole contributor
- Relationship Building - connect with others and form positive relationships
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and ERP systems (SAP, Blueprint)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel and Power BI knowledge
- Strong awareness with procedures involving budget, cost centers, payments, transactions (rentals, government entities licenses, etc.)
- Track record in identifying costs deviations and performing analysis to provide support for decision making
- Experience with contractors / service providers
- Resilient, able to deal with several potential conflicting requests, insights and opinions
- Comfortable working with, and leading through uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity and incomplete information
- Ability to engage stakeholders, build relationships and promote shared learnings
- Fluent in Portuguese. Good level of English proficiency (written and verbal). At least a basic level of Spanish is also required.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.