Tech Specialist - Electrical
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
July 18, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Falkor is a project that will set up Engineering capabilities within TAO with as purpose to deliver the engineering of site-led projects portfolio (typically small projects), thereby replacing the EPC contractor services.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Develop the Electrical scope of work in the selected projects within the Falkor trial
- Proactively drive effective collaboration within the TAO project team, and the site-based project team
- Have a learner’s mindset and be open to further co-create the ways of working and project processes during the trial
- Initial pilot will involve 2 assets in the Chemicals & Products organization
- Each pilot project team will be composed of several discipline engineers (i.e. electrical & instrumentation, process control, process engineering, civil, rotating equipment, mechanical static, materials & corrosion, inspection, construction, project management, data systems/visualization/drafters, etc.)
- Being able to effectively collaborate virtually, across timezones
- New work processes and Ways of Working, and a largely new team
Skills & Requirements
- Be well versed in virtual working, and using IT tools effectively to overcome the barriers due to cultural and physical distance.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written)
- Preference for a candidate with work experience with countries in EU or Americas
- Relevant working experience in a project environment
- Preference for a candidate with experience working on/with downstream sites and/or working with an EPC
- Capability to develop the relevant project deliverables for various stages of a project (e.g. Project Premise Document, Basis for Design, Basic Design and Engineering Package, Equipment list, Equipment datasheets, Engineering drawings, etc.)
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience / capability around work process execution and assurance
- Systems engineering experience is a prerequisite
- The candidate has a proven ability to work independently
- The candidate has a pro-active/speak-up mentality
- Due to work across timezones, flexibility in working hours will be required
Required technical competences:
- At least 8 years’ experience in the Electrical Engineering discipline, with proven hands-on experience (operational and/or design) with:
- Operational Interfaces
- Electrical Safety
- Experience in Electrical Heat Tracing design specific to cold countries
- Experience and extensive knowledge in electrical distribution, generation and control equipment knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry electrical standards and practices and electrical safety rules
- Experience in performing Electrical Heat Tracing design calculations and develop design change packages for minor modifications to existing designs. These would typically be valve and flange additions.
- Verify heat loss calculations for known EHT circuits
- Hazardous Areas and EX equipment
Knowledge of the following is seen as an advantage:
- Field Instrumentation
- Quality Measuring Instruments
- Process Automation Systems (PAS) Engineering
- Process Control Domain (PCD) Integrity & Security
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.