Business Analyst - LNG Trading
Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
Business Analyst provides world class services to application development and enhancement projects. As a Business Analyst, you will identify and define the business needs of their clients and stakeholders whilst helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
What's the role
- You will support Shell LNG Marketing & Trading teams working in the D&A team (providing support to the Data & Analytics capability for the SLMT business area), the Freight For The Future team (working on IMOS / Freight improvements) or in the Salesforce team (delivering digital transformation to a variety of business areas on the Salesforce platform)
- You will act as a product SME for the associated delivery teams, developing a position as trusted advisor
- You will be responsible for the successful planning and delivery of the project(s) business analysis methods, tools, and technology
- You will work as part of a global team in the IDT (Information & Digital Technology) organization. IDT drives business value through providing world class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time
- You would be joining a company where technical talent, growing careers, developing leading edge skills, and deepening Shell business knowledge is a high priority
- You would bring your business analysis and domain skills to join our diverse and distributed IT team in the Bangalore (India) working as one team together with other Shell IT hubs globally (London, Houston, Netherlands)
- You would lead the identification and documentation of business requirements, working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options
- You would bring Subject Matter Expertise and domain knowledge to help organize and interpret requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You would actively manage the requirements through the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle, from detailed design to implementation, testing and release, and ultimately the transition of expertise to the support teams
- You will generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities
- You will work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment
What we need from you
- At least 9 to 12 years overall IT experience
- At least 5 years IT BA Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related to IT or equivalent
- Experience in either commodities, trading markets and organizations (LNG, physical gas or oil)
- Knowledge of the LNG Market
- Experience working in fast- paced project delivery using AGILE methods
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Good to have experience of working directly with traders on trader models.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.