Regulatory Affairs Advisor (E-Mobility)
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
July 14, 2023
Posting Start Date:
CoS and Corporate Relations
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing, too. The transition to electric vehicles is well underway. This is a great role for anyone who wants to be acting the heart of the energy transition, specifically focused on making Shell’s electric driving business in the Netherlands a success.
The Corporate Relations function will deliver value for our strategy and business with policy and advocacy activities to create enabling regulation and with stakeholder and communication activities to accelerate the EV business.
Where you fit in
This role sits within the Energy Transition team within Corporate Relations Netherlands. The Corporate Relations Junior Advisor (Electric Mobility) reports into the Corporate Relations (CR) Energy Transitions Manager and will work day-to-day with the CR Advisor Mobility.
This role is externally focused and will both focus on collaboration with stakeholders for projects (in different regions in the Netherlands). You will work in close interaction with the Netherlands country team and the mobility team in the Downstream & Renewables Energy Solutions business.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the following:
- Co-develop policy positions with Shellʼs wider Policy & Advocacy, Corporate Relations, and Regulatory Affairs Teams
- Co-own and advocate for policy positions for Shell’s e-mobility businesses in the respective market where relevant
- Work with Business and Product & Tech leaders to ensure alignment between our value proposition, product strategy and future rules and regulations
You will also be accountable for the following:
Policy & Compliance
- Act as Shell’s focal point for policy development in e-mobility in the Netherlands, providing input specific to ask’s within Shellʼs wider Policy & Advocacy, Corporate Relations and Regulatory Affairs teams as they craft policy positions at both regional and local levels.
- Monitor developments in Dutch policy and regulatory space closely, identifying potential implications for Shell’s e-mobility business and enabling/activating advocacy in response.
- Ensure and enable compliance by advising internal Shell teams on public policy matters to ensure relevant information for the development of compliant products and services is available & understood.
- Identify the best way to place and advocate main positions & ask of Shell’s wider e-mobility business in close collaboration with Corporate Relations, and also wider Shell teams like Policy & Advocacy, Regulatory Affairs and Legal & Compliance resources of the wider Shell e-mobility business.
- Represent Shell, Shell Recharge Solutions or other Shell entities in trade associations/bodies, as part of a wider Shell trade association strategy & ensure participation of other suitable colleagues in other relevant bodies.
- Act as Shell Recharge Solutionsʼs focal point for the Shell teams which manage external relationships and stakeholder advocacy;
- Provide input to Shellʼs Corporate Relations (CR), Policy and Advocacy (P&A) and Regulatory Affairs teams and co-develop and deliver contact programmes on behalf of the business.
- This could include providing these teams with the detail behind Shell Recharge Solutionsʼs business objectives;
- Briefing senior staff and attending meetings as a Subject Matter Experts;
- Provide business inputs to consultations, briefing papers, slide decks, public reports and other material as required by P&A, CR and Regulatory Affairs.
Campaigns & Consultations
- Contribute to and/or coordinate Shell inputs to official consultations and calls for evidence
- Support campaigns to demonstrate to Shellʼs wider customers that we are leading the agenda (i.e. providing the business focal point for CR activity such as media moments, articles, speeches from senior leaders, coalitions and reports)
Success will be when you…
- ...contribute actively to the shaping of relevant policies in the Netherlands that benefit Shell’s wider e-mobility business
- ...make sure that relevant central Shell Teams are aware of the developments in regulations and subsidies to help maximise Shell’s e-mobility license to operate in your local market
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from candidates having significant experience of…
- working with policy makers and political officials, technical organisations, and trade associations in the Netherlands
- participating in coalitions and building strategic relationships with diverse groups and interests
- working in the e-mobility sector or adjacent sectors (technology, transport, energy etc)
Be skilled at...
- developing a broad network of external stakeholders and building trusted relationships internally and externally.
- policy analysis – understanding the financial, strategic, and reputational impacts and opportunities for business, which different approaches and policy instruments deliver
- developing innovative policy positions and delivering advocacy outcomes in a policy or multi-stakeholder setting
- synthesising and explaining complex policy issues
- Passionate about the energy transition and being a part of it
- A team player that is able to work in a dynamic environment
- Curious: bring the outside in; assess and adapt practices from other organizations, industries or countries.
- Resilient and driven to succeed a strong communicator and integrator with proven track record
- Fluent in Dutch and English
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
More about Shell in the Netherlands
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.