Instrumentation Technician - Hourly Development Program
Royal Dutch Shell
Maintenance, Reliability and Turnarounds
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Norco is looking to hire Instrument Technicians for our Hourly Craft Development Program, with the primary focus on instrumentation. For this position, we are looking for Instrument Technicians who have less than 5 years of relevant experience and/or are recent graduates of Instrumentation AAS (or related) programs/certifications. We are also seeking military candidates with relevant related experience.
Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Norco is located on the Mississippi River in Norco, Louisiana. The refinery processes raw crude into a range of petroleum products such as diesel, jet fuel and various petrochemicals. Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Norco has approximately 1000 employees and is a Unionized environment.
This position reports to the Maintenance Team Leader in the Maintenance Department who is accountable to provide Instrumentation and Analyzer Maintenance at our Norco facility. This position will work a weekday schedule with selected overtime.
What will this role do?
The Instrument Technician Craftsperson will be required to safely troubleshoot and repair a range of instruments /analyzers while conducting Preventative/Reactive Maintenance on all instrumentation/analyzers at our facility.
The Instrument Technician Craftsperson will display:
• Work Safe first attitude.
• High level of ownership and quality workmanship a necessity.
• Situational Awareness and a willingness to try new approaches.
• Can-Do Attitude of maintaining the plant to operate more safely and profitably
• Needs to be able to work in a team environment
• Being respectful of others and possessing interpersonal skills to interact with others a must.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Exercises a significant amount of independent action.
In this role, the successful candidate will also display awareness of pneumatic/electronic flow/pressure/temperature instrumentation
What skills, experiences and abilities are we looking for?
Awareness of pneumatic/electronic flow/pressure/temperature transmitters
• Work at heights and confined spaces.
• Must be legally entitled to work in United States for anyone other than current employer.
• Some overtime and after-hours coverage required.
• Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call to respond to emergencies when required.
• Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces.
• Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather.
• Must reside within the area or be willing to relocate.
• Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level.
• Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
•Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all
safety policies and procedures.
• Willing to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment and to be able to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
• Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers.
• A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Other requirements include:
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future without requiring sponsorship
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.