Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
August 17, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Integrated Gas and Upstream
Purpose & Accountabilities:
This position reports to the Argentina Characterize Lead and is responsible for providing Production Engineering support to the Argentina Asset. The position is expected to closely work with other members of the Technical Team and interface with PT Wells, Completions, Operations, Midstream, Land and Commercial organizations. In addition, this role will play an important part in external stakeholder engagements.
- Implement the unconventional E2E maturation process and principles of horizontal well development with multi-fractured completions in adherence to DEPs. Responsible for:
- Frac design concepts
- Well & Completion & Artificial Lift Assess and Select
- Support proposals for well drilling, completion, and intervention
- Execution of surveillance plans for CVA de-risking and production optimization purposes.
- Water Production Management
- Oversee contracts for services related to surveillance execution and interface with respective vendors
- Provide technical inputs to business cycle activities
- Champion opportunities to streamline processes, cut out waste and improve ways of working
- Participation in external engagements, Well execution notification and simultaneous operations risk management with partners; Authorities & regulators reporting and compliance
Interfaces: Projects, Development Planner, Surveillance team, Water - Lead to deliver the Operating Plan.
In addition, this individual will be expected to work effectively with other teams in the asset and the broader Unconventionals organization
The Argentina Technical Asset Team consists of around 28 technical subsurface staff and technicians. The subsurface staff sit within 4 teams: The Bajada de Anelo, SOV South, NOV.
Demonstrated personal commitment to safety and the environment.
- Petroleum Engineer with 7+ yrs of relevant production engineer experience at least. Unconventional is desirable
- Experience in unconventional frac design
- Experience on well delivery and service provider contract management
- Able to operate at a proficiency level of “can do with limited help”
- Competent in the application of production engineering tools for well & flow performance analysis (GAP, Prosper, Pipesim, Gohfer, Resfrac)
- Digital skills and data science is a plus (matlab, spotfire, powerBI, python)
- Unconventional business experience is desirable
- Inquisitive nature, examining both Shell and external ways of working to implement best practices for field development and/or surveillance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with the full range of multi-discipline technical staff.
- Spanish as mother language – English proficiency level.
Interface management between multiple locations (Houston, Buenos Aires, Neuquen and Calgary), cultures/languages, and teams/organizations
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.