Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
August 17, 2023
Posting Start Date:
This position reports to the Argentina Characterize Lead and The Geoscience Technician will play a key role in assisting Technical team with data analysis. The position is expected to closely work with other members of the Technical Team and interface with PT Wells, Completions, Operations, Midstream, Land and Commercial organizations and reporting to the Well Execution Team
The core responsibilities of the Geoscience Technologist are to load and quality control all subsurface data needed for the evaluation of the leads, prospects, and producing fields for the team.
- Regulatory & compliance reporting
- Cost Analyst: WBS/ AFE initiation. Budget tracking
- Internal Qc & reporting:
- Suport Data Analytics & competitor intelligence initiatives
- ArcGIS and mapping
- Process simplification
- Database optimization
- Generate opportunities to speed up / automatize workflows and data flow
In addition, this individual will be expected to work effectively with other teams in the asset and the broader Unconventionals organization
The Argentina Technical Asset Team consists of around 28 technical subsurface staff and technicians. The subsurface staff sit within 2 teams: SOV and NOV
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of E&P workflows
- Data analytics training or knowledge is a plus
- ArcGIS/Mapping: Ability to apply advanced techniques, theory, concepts and practices in GIS. A diversified knowledge of GIS principles and practices is desired.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of geodetic issues and coordinate reference systems and the associated transformations typically carried out spatial data
- Experienced with Open Works/ R5000- well data loading, QC and management Expert with Open Works
- Skill level with interpretation software such as nDI, LandMark (OpenWorks/SeisWorks), Geographix, Techlog, and Petrel is a plus
- Demonstrates ability to handle many projects concurrently and communicate priority conflicts constructively
- Data base knowledge
- Other Skills:
- Ability to share knowledge and experiences, willingness to adopt the ideas of others, while keeping abreast of new developments, recognizing technology gaps.
- Highly motivated with good organization, communication, and team working skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working within an integrated team
- Spanish as mother language – English proficiency level.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.