Installation Company Site Representative
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
July 28, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
Projects & Engineering (P&E) is Shell’s project execution engine that safely and efficiently executes new projects for our business partners in Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies. P&E also provides differentiated, engineering support to existing assets, both at Shell and non-operated ventures. The P&E mission ‘Creating World Class Assets’ i.e. delivering best-in-class projects and enabling our existing assets to achieve their full potential.
The Installation CSR is the company's representative offshore is responsible for ensuring the safe and correct execution of the Structure and Pipeline Installation and Transportation work offshore. During the execution of offshore projects, they are responsible for ensuring all offshore installation and construction operations comply with Company’s HSES policies, approved installation procedures, quality assurance standards and planning requirements.
What’s the role?
. T&I Operations (onshore)
- Review installation and engineering procedures, where possible.
- Provide technical support for planning and engineering prior to execution (whenever available).
- Attend and contribute to Project IPOPs, HAZIDs and other meetings (wherever possible)
T&I Operations (offshore)
- Ensure approved procedures are followed offshore.
- Make sure daily work progress and contract status are received and correct and that an operational and HSE meeting is conducted with the barge key personnel on board (if on barge or at worksite) and the contractor representatives.
- Attend all daily progress meetings.
- Attend daily toolbox talk meetings (when available)
- Attend and contribute to weekly OH survey of barge / vessel.
- Lead site incident investigation for minor incidents. Prepare incident reports and issue to Installation Operations Engineer.
- Report work progress to Installation Operations Engineer daily.
- Ensure daily log of barge activities is kept accurate and up to date by inspection team.
- Ensure lessons learnt register is kept.
- Ensure QA/QC standards are implemented offshore.
- Ensure adequate resources are allocated offshore to effectively monitor and manage the work. Highlight any deficiencies.
- Facilitate, in consultation with onshore Installation Operations Engineer(s), the optimization of available resources (crew boats, support vessels, personnel, equipments, ...etc.) to timely deliver the project objectives.
- Coordinate and resolve among project teams and contractors on all technical and construction issues.
- Manage the day to day running of the T&I barges/vessels spread and maintains constant contact with the Operation Engineers and onshore supports on work progress, operational and technical problems and on the level of resource utilization.
- Make sure all works are executed in compliance with Company’s requirement covering HSE, quality and costs within the framework of the contract.
- Recommend and record lessons learnt during offshore execution.
- Keep close liaison with the contractor representative to make sure that resources are made available even with short notice of requirement as a delay will have significant impact on barge and resources standby costs and production loss.
- Monitor work progress, activities and resource planning (i.e. inspectors and vendors) and assess consequence of change or delay on the overall progress of the work.
- Liaise with the onshore resource i.e. T&I Operation Engineers to make sure onshore support is available 24 hours in case of emergencies and in view of the high cost and 24 hours nature of operations and offshore activities.
- Initiate and provide proper feedback to onshore operation and relevant project engineers on problems / lesson learnt at work sites
- Actively promote safe working environment offshore.
- Champion HSSE initiatives offshore.
- Review incident reports prior to submission into Fountain.
- Ensure Site Specific Procedures are followed, where applicable.
- Ensure all SSB HSSE policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed offshore.
- Ensure Emergency Procedures are in place and functioning (tested)
- Follow up & close out all HSSE recommendation & action items (MFV, SIV, Incident investigation, etc.).
- Conducting weekly HSE inspections offshore for HSE assurance and effectiveness on routine activities – tool box briefings, PTW compliance, Emergency Response drill etc.
- Ensure Full compliance to Company’s procedure on incident notification, investigation, reporting and close out of recommended action items.
What do we need from you?
- Recognized degree in Engineering - minimum Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- At least 10 – 15 years of experiences or more in oil and gas industry.
- Extensive experience in offshore construction, transportation and installation.
- Substantial experience in ROV, Surface Diving or Saturated Diving contractor management
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.