Support Engineer - ServiceNow
Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
August 25, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
Information Digital Services and Operations (IDSO) provides an extensive global portfolio of IT services to Shell. The IDSO challenge is to deliver services required by the business and yet remain within affordability ceilings. Business demand for IT services is constant and business activity and strategic growth place a constant pressure on IT spend. Consequently, IDSO needs to provide secure and reliable operations and services while also delivering cost reduction opportunities and containing business requested demand growth.
What’s the role
- Own and coordinate support tickets, incident, and problem resolutions as a second/third line support engineer. Restoration of service may be internal and may involve reaching out to other support teams in Shell IT and SaaS vendors.
- Ensure the end-to-end SaaS landscape (i.e. SaaS, Interfaces, Reporting, authentication, etc.) remains available, reliable, secure and compliant.
- Collaborate with other IT support teams and SaaS/Cloud suppliers, and understand their OLAs, SLAs and ways of working, and how this impacts the successful delivery of our product to the IT Service Management function.
- Ensure availability, reliability, consistency of data throughout all integrated applications in the SaaS landscape (input-output)
- Working with the project to deliver a supportable initial implementation
- Represent the voice of IT Operations during the initial implementation of Service, which is delivered by a project team, utilizing an external implementation partner
- Working with and in this ServiceNow DevOps team on to understand and influence the configuration of the solution and challenging the project to ensure that non-functional requirements relating to supportability are taken into account. Driving a clear support model, in which the role of IT Operations, Project Delivery and the IT as a customer are clearly understood.
- Contributing to the sprints to help the project deliver successfully
What we need from you
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- 4-7 years software engineering and/or systems support
- Solid ServiceNow technical skills based on both trainings but also practical experience on ITSM Request modules
- Minimum of 24 months’ experience with configuring and/or administering/supporting ServiceNow
- ServiceNow platform upgrades experience
- Awareness of ITBM, ITOM or other modules of ServiceNow
- Very good knowledge of ITIL – all process management aspects
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development and continuous delivery and fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.