Operations Technician - Electrical
Royal Dutch Shell
Production Engineering Upstream
Job Family Group:
August 2, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Integrated Gas and Upstream
Where you fit in
As Electrical Operations Technician you will ensure to ensure the technical integrity of the plant meets the required standards as per SMEP-IMP and AMS-ME processes. This will be achieved through coordinated preventive or corrective maintenance and inspection of Electrical & Power Generation equipment primarily.
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you’re here. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You’ll have limitless opportunities to explore – whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction.
What’s the role?
As Electrical Operations Technician you will ensure full compliance with IOGP Life Saving Rules & Process Safety Fundamentals at all times you will also be responsible for safe operation & maintenance of the facilities.
- Deliver agreed production targets & drive towards best-in-class unplanned deferment by ensuring the following.:
- Ensure all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks required to maintain Technical Integrity and plant reliability of the facilities are executed without jeopardizing the Safety and Health of personnel and with no harm to the environment.
- Identify threats to production and manage them via the MTO process.
- Together with wider Maintenance team led by Maintenance Supervisor, ensure AMS-ME key indicators such as Schedule attainment, CM Backlog, SCE PM Compliance are healthy within domain of control.
- Ensure protection of the environment through proper waste segregation and monitoring of flaring.
- Perform safety critical task assigned.
- Report works progress and plant status daily.
- Completion of jobs and PM compliance raise and close out work orders.
- Perform Daily Logging and Update equipment history.
- Involve and responsible in ensuring MLK is meeting AMS-ESP requirement if assigned to any of its elements.
- Support implementation and operationalization of Malikai Focused Site Ownership Scheme & MSOM that includes Malikai Cadence A4 workstream.
- Raise improvement initiatives / suggestions as part of Malikai Cadence A4 initiatives.
- Support implementation and operationalization of Materials Management processes at location
- Participate in project activities particularly during commissioning.
- Execute emergency response duties such as OSC, ERT, DFA etc.
What do we need from you?
- Competent in parent discipline BTEC Level 3 and multiskilled according to JCP requirement (BTEC OT Competency of 3-2-2-1 preferred)
- Degree in Engineering or related disciplines relevant to the petroleum and gas industry.
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience production and maintenance operations in Oil and Gas/ Petrochemicals and Equivalent Industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum Chargeman & AEP.
- Understand basic SMEP PTW and Permit eVision.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.