Analyst - Payroll Accounting
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
July 25, 2023
Posting Start Date:
As Payroll Accounting Analyst, you will have a thorough understanding of the End-to-End Shell Pay People Process, using the HR and Financial Systems that are fundamental to ensure accounting is correct and controls are operated effectively. This role will also ensure compliance to Data Privacy as PA deals with Employee Confidential information. This role is required to perform monthly trend analysis to detect abnormalities in accounts and is responsible for escalating and communicating material misstatements or any Financial Impact to the Controllers or the Reporting & Analysis team, as well as the PA Leadership team.
Part of Shell’s purpose of powering progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions is about creating shared value for our stakeholders, third party service providers and the communities where we operate. The key enabler is to drive operational excellence delivery across Payroll Accounting in close collaboration with HR, R&A, GSR, AP and Process Excellence as our main business partners. Currently, Payroll Accounting Process is owned by Global HR Payroll so there’s a joint effort to Standardize, Streamline and Automate the Pay People Process, also in preparation for the upcoming implementation of the Global Payroll Strategy.
- Complete all assigned process activities (controls execution, General Ledger Reconciliation and Analysis, Manual Payroll/Benefits Journal Entry posting, Funding, Flux Analysis, GL reporting and other ad hoc activities) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively.
- Provides expertise on country-specific activities handled and the different ERPs used.
- Strictly complies with policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in process knowledge sharing especially when identifying and defining Global Standards.
- Effectively manage interfaces with FO (Finance Operations) and Non-FO stakeholders and proactively build end to end perspective.
- Ensure operational effectiveness of controls within areas of responsibility. Must have a strong understanding of accounting and the demands of meeting deadlines.
- Must be proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.