RT Contract and Compliance Manager
Royal Dutch Shell
Downstream Supply Chain
Job Family Group:
July 28, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
• To create and maintain safe, cost competitive and secure fuels & auto LPG transportation network in the country compliant with all legal and Shell global QHSSE policies/standards and requirements, as part of the E2E supply chain requirement. To develop and execute road transport contracting and strategies, managing hauliers and suppliers across country.
• To ensure compliance of Shell road transport activities with all legal, Shell global QHSSE policies/standards, Road Transport contracts, Costs, Processes and other relevant requirements.
• Manage contractors in developing a professional and self-sustainable haulier organization, HSSE compliant and aligned with Shell Group standards;
• Number of Hauliers à 2-3
• Core Fleet à~100 Trucks (LPG+Fuel)
• Number of Drivers à 200
• Direct reports: NA
• White oil 1 Million m3
• Auto LPG : 200k mton
• Aviation fuels : 70k mton
• RT budget is approx. 25 mln USD p.a.
• Manage road transport contracts and Freight Billing and other haulier payments.
• Identify areas for performance optimisation and deliver improvements (cost & efficiency challenges) in co-operation with CROSS team lead, OF manager, Contracts & Procurement, marketing partners (Retail, CMF, Aviation and Trading & Supply).
• Actively drive compliance with global standard Downstream processes/systems and support the Sustain & Improve activities.
• Own and lead the Continuous Improvement work in the country (RTCI) in co-operation with CROSS team lead and OF manager.
• Manage and follow up on HSSE incidents, disseminate learnings and embed sustainable mitigations, through working with HSSE partners.
• To ensure the Group Driving Standards are applied at every step of Road Transport operations and contracts are managed according to group standards.
• To achieve break even operational cost while improving utilisation of trucks and increasing volume.
• Contract manager is also responsible for recoveries from dealers / customers.
• Manage road transport HSSE activities/programs and ensure local fleet is consistent with Shell minimum vehicle requirements, local vehicle specifications and global HSSE standard.
• Ensure management of any incident which includes investigation of incidents (including potential incidents with high severity ratings), causal investigations and communication of learning. Participate in incident investigation and follow up on implementation of agreed action plan.
• Conduct onsite controls of drivers (incl. Driver Trainers if relevant) / vehicles (incl. vehicle maintenance procedure) to ensure full compliance of all activities fulfilled by the hauliers and drivers with legal requirements and global Shell standards.
• Manage and lead the RT Pillar haulier audit process as per Shell group standards and maintain an audit trail, ensuring that gaps are bridged.
• Carry out haulier audits and agree improvement programmes with them including setting and follow-up of targets.
• Monitor and Report Operational Road Transport KPIs. Provide support to any company initiatives (e.g., Portfolio, Optimization projects, etc.) where there is RT involvement.
• Engineering or Master level education in business administration/ Economics/supply chain discipline
• Fluent in Business English, written and oral
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective team player
• Knowledge of Road transport operations especially on HSSE Management Deep knowledge of global Shell HSSE standards and local legislation in preffered
• Excellent stakeholder management skills for internal and external stakeholder management, customer service and influencing skills
• Knowledge/Skill on contract management and economics
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.