Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Join the number One Global Lubricants supplier in the world and be part of the team that helps in shaping up the digital and the IDT strategy which delights our customers in over 100 countries across every sector.
If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this is the place for you!
Where you fit
Applies techniques such as business intelligence (BI), reporting and data modelling, analytical techniques and big data processing to provide the business with relevant information to increase revenues, improve operational efficiency, optimize customer programs, respond quickly to emerging market trends and gain a competitive edge in the market.
Provides operational and functional support to the business on creating, storing, managing and maintaining information in all its forms, including the ability to incorporate policies and procedures for centrally managing and sharing information among different individuals, organisations and information systems throughout the information life cycle.
Your typical day would be
- Exposure to / interaction with business and IT leadership. Stakeholder management is less than for managers, best described by needing to work in a team of other specialists, listen and build new ideas, not solo.
- Some engagement in working with key stakeholders in both business and IT to help tell stories with data and visualize insights in a compelling and insightful way that enables business decision-making.
- Collaborate in a Scrum Team or as a Scrum Stakeholder (e.g. Agile White/Yellow belt accredited).
You will also get the opportunity to work in activities and advice that have a direct influence on a single domain or service. Delivers on responsibilities for Sprint deliverables. You will also be working occasionally within Agile projects.
You will design data analytics and user interfaces, with some supervision. Runs ideation sessions with project stakeholders and users. Translating simple to moderately complex ideas into visualizations even at a rough early stage.
You will design static and interactive data analytics , infographics and presentation material (along with user interfaces) for our clients and internal products, with some supervision. Rapidly creates concepts, prototyping and iterating on ideas.
You will apply Story Telling in Analytics. Designs stand-alone prototypes in an agile fashion and seeks continuous input/ guidance from Product Owner within the business prior to creating a Minimum Viable Product [MVP].
What we need from you
- Overall Experience from 5-7 years of work experience
- Performs technical-based activities and development
- Uses deductive reasoning to solve problems and make recommendations.
Accomplished Data Visualization/Analytics Engineer skills would be:
- Experience in PowerBI, DAX, SQL .
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.