Specialist - Credit Trading and Supply
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
May 24, 2023
Posting Start Date:
This role encompasses a wide range of tasks and covers the majority of business lines with which Shell is involved in e.g. Crude & Products, Gas & Power, and Financial etc. It therefore offers real variety and an opportunity to impact commercial outcomes. We are seeking an individual to join the team that can think creatively, has a passion to understand and critically assess the businesses Shell trades with through an understanding of the macro environment and is ready to bring ideas for continuous improvement.
The person on this position acts as the day to day ‘face of credit’ interfacing directly with counterparties and the Global Trading&Supply (T&S) Credit team, commercial and finance stakeholders to support and advise on the exposure to counterparties and relevant risk mitigation process to collateralize exposure (where required).
Person on this position will be responsible for collateral management, which is a process of agreeing, confirming, and advising collateral transactions with the relevant collateral desks (London, Houston, or Singapore) or directly with external stakeholders/counterparties.
Tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- Conduct Collateral Credit Activities for STASCO/SEEL. These include:
- Contacting of counterparties for collateral when counterparty exposures exceed T&S credit thresholds and/or limits.
- Respond to counterparties collateral requests when T&S exposures exceed counterparty credit thresholds and/or limits.
- Maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing collateral requests and actions.
- Monitor letters of credit and cash on hand for security purposes
- Prepare credit reports for and review with the relevant London, Chennai (trading settlements) focal points.
- Participate in dispute resolution process with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform ongoing Credit reporting responsibilities including
- Maintenance of existing reports and updating changes
- Validation, verification and publication of existing reports, data, and information intelligence to all relevant stakeholders
- Promote continuous improvement in process, controls, and protocols.
Skills and requirements:
- At least a minimum of 3 years of relevant finance experience with specific focus in Credit or prior work experience in the corporate sector, especially within a Trading or Credit team
- Strong financial acumen and risk management knowledge
- Strong commercial understanding, especially the ability to balance speed, cost benefit and long-term relationship management.
- Clear attention to detail and passion for continued learning
- The ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear and uncomplicated fashion.
- Remain open to different perspectives (i.e. from other businesses & locations) and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Experience in working in a global organisation and in a virtual working environment
- English language - business proficiency
The role will support the following portfolio and primarily these respective Shell Trading Network companies: North America (SENA & STRM), therefore the shifts are: 14:00 to 22:00 (with additional allowance granted).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.