Blockchain & Web3 Product Manager
Royal Dutch Shell
Research and Development
Job Family Group:
June 19, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit
As a Blockchain & Web3 Product Manager, you will conceptualize and execute blockchain enabled solutions that bring value to the business and Shell in a timely and cost-efficient manner. This involves working closely with businesses stakeholders across Shell and the external blockchain ecosystem to identify opportunities that position Shell to be the leading Energy company in Web3.
What’s the role?
As a Blockchain & Web3 Product Manager your responsibilities include Product Management and Project Delivery enabled by acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, framed within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality to meet identified business objectives. You will ensure appropriate and effective governance, manage interdependencies, and ensure alignment of project objectives with business and Blockchain strategies - resulting in realization of business benefits. You will develop methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, feasibility studies, and the definition of solution scope. You will drive appropriate behaviors and organizational engagement to ensure successful product delivery and business/customer acceptance.
Your Key Focus areas includes:
Product Development, Innovation & Delivery
- Understand business and customer goals and strategies.
- Define user problems; design, develop, test, and deliver fit for purpose solutions; iterate for improvement, commercialization, and scaling.
- Ensure timely and cost-efficient product delivery through project teams.
Managing complexity/ambiguous information and changing course
- Comfortable with clarifying objectives and changing course if needed.
Relationship Stakeholder management
- Manage relationships across various levels – including coaching for junior team members and engagement with business stakeholders.
What we need from you
- Master’s degree in computer science / Business Administration / Economics or related field with minimum 8 years' work experience.
- Have a passion for blockchain technology, the crypto landscape, and the innovative potential for the energy sector.
- Knowledge of Distributed system concepts, Blockchain protocols layer 1’s, layer 2’s, NFTs and DEFI.
- Technical understanding of protocols (Ethereum,etc.) and smart contracts.
- Experience with Digital Product Delivery, including Product Management, Design Thinking and User Research methodologies (e.g., Agile, Lean Startup, UX, Sprints).
- Can lead projects with multi-disciplinary teams, to bring innovative concepts to life by progressing projects through the development funnel in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Be a critical thinker when it comes to blockchain & web 3 technologies.
- Host workshops together with Shell businesses and external parties to ensure delivery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the energy sector, renewable energy & the energy transition.
- Bring external perspectives from the Blockchain startup world.
- Ability to identify, grow and foster strong blockchain ecosystems in the energy sector.
- Pro-active, thoughtful contributor, comfortable working independently.
- Analytical, fast and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Able to switch between projects and topics easily and fast learner.
- Business acumen.
- Comfortable with creating clear presentations and presenting to and engaging with senior executives.
- Knowledge of and experience in several Shell businesses (primarily energy transition related).
- Thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured, and innovative environment.
- Can coach junior members of the team to enable effective project delivery.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.