Royal Dutch Shell
Downstream Supply Chain
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
Make a difference
Do you like helping people? Do you like to make people smile? Are you passionate about putting people in a better place? Then you may have what it takes to join our amazing team?
What is the role
Operations Support – Serve as a member of the Control Center Network Infrastructure Team in providing support to remote monitoring and control of pipeline assets by implementing, monitoring, and managing a diverse network architecture to support the Control Center SCADA and supporting systems (IACS) to achieve 24/7/365 safe, secure, compliant, and reliable operations.
PCD – Contribute to the integrity of the Pipeline Process Control Domain (PCD) by maintaining knowledge of PCD requirements and overall risks. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Network Security, the Network Analyst is responsible for implementing effective and efficient network security measures along with contributing to SPLC leadership, staff, and contractors’ ability to fulfill their information security responsibilities.
Projects – Lead/participate in Control Center improvement projects/initiatives to ensure Control Center design standards and security requirements are integrated within project scope and design. Manage 3rd party providers to ensure project expectations are met – including, but not limited to budget expectations.
Certifications – CISCO-related certifications (e.g., Engineer, Security, and/or Architect) are preferred. Other Industrial Control System (ICS) related certifications and/or security centric certifications such as Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GISCP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are a favorable as well.
Provide 24x7 Support – as a member of the Shell Pipeline Control Center Technical staff, the successful candidate will be expected to be available at any time (except during vacation periods) to provide support to the ‘On-Call’ staff member or directly to the Operations Staff. Vacation schedules will be coordinated with other Technical Staff members to ensure adequate technical support at all times.
Specific activities include:
- Maintain network and communications infrastructure
- Monitor and respond to communications/network events
- Troubleshoot communications/network failures to minimize/quickly restore Pipeline operations.
- Interface with field technical personnel to drive management/restoration of field deployed communication equipment.
- Interface directly with service providers – both internal and external – to ensure sustained availability and performance in accordance with required system uptime.
- Track costs and manage purchase activities to ensure timely processing of
- Maintain PCD (and other) Network Task Specifications
- Contribute input to maintenance of PCD Policies and Procedures
- Provide security technical guidance to projects
- Participate in security risk assessments
- Represent Shell Pipeline on internal and external security workgroups/forums
- Participate in annual Line-of-Defense (LOD1), health checks, and ensure compliance tasks are completed
- Develop network scope/cost projections for or in support of initiatives involving the Pipeline Control System (IACS) initiatives
- Ensure Pipeline Control System (IACS) standards and security requirements are integrated into projects/initiatives
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering or Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 yrs. of experience with the following (hands on):
- Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- LAN technologies (STP, HSRP, Ethernet, EtherChannel, vPC, Stackwise)
- Knowledge of wireless WAN technologies (Cell, VSAT, Microwave)
- Network security (firewalls, remote access VPN, site to site VPN)
- Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Nexus switches
- Working knowledge of the following monitoring and analysis tools:
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco Stealthwatch
- Cisco Call Manager
- SIEM solutions
- Certifications – hold CISCO-related certifications (e.g. Engineer, Security, Architect).
Successful candidate must be a self-starter who can effectively communicate technical (IT) concepts in an operations environment, be accountable for elements key to the Control Center mission and, be able to seamlessly interface with stakeholders at all levels both within Shell Midstream and external.
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, while managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.