Business Analyst - Cash Management
Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
ID Engineering drives business value through providing world class technical, functional and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time, in the right place. In IT Engineering you will have opportunities to work on IT projects, programmes and products across the value chain of Shell. Our technical career paths will support your personal development through learning and certifications. We are the home of technical talent where you can grow your career, develop leading edge skills and deepen your business knowledge.
The Functional Analyst – SAP Finance Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders. Will be extensively working in the area of SAP S/4 Finance and Advance Cash Management Projects.
What's the role.
• Business Analyst role which involves work with a portfolio of SAP S/4 HANA Finance & Advance Cash Management gathering business requirements and delivering both large and small projects and enhancements in the Finance ERP portfolio.
• Work closely with IT Managers/Product Owners and the Business to ensure that new requirements are understood and captured
• Drive/participate in requirements gathering workshops
• Assess and model business processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement
• Translate business requirements into solutions and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts
• Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle
• Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution
• Interact with software engineers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are fully accommodated
• Create acceptance criteria for test scenarios and participate in the appropriate test cycles in order to validate that solutions meet business needs
• Define and maintain standards, methodologies, tools and knowledge repositories along with contributing to functional excellence in terms of standards, methods and tools.
• Ensure lessons learned from market service implementations are identified, applied and acted upon.
• Accountable for driving continuous improvement, life-cycle/portfolio management, and stable operations in all IT applications that underpin business-critical processes with end to end ownership of the portfolio capability.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, rapidly changing environment. Strong engagement skills, working with senior leaders on regular basis.
• Expertise in the integration of Finance with Advance Cash Management.
What we need from You.
Minimum of 8-10+ years of proven project experience in the Area of Finance & Banking
• Expertise in several of the following:
o General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Communication Management, Bank Account Management, Advance Cash Management, Liquidity Management, Cash flows, S/4 Cash Management, Market Data (FX).
• Good understanding of S/4HANA Finance and E-Banking processes.
• Very good understanding of financial processes, including period end closing.
• Good Understanding of SAP Best practices
• Understanding of IT project management and project delivery methodology, including agile
• Understanding of IT security and compliance
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
· We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
· We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
· We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
· We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.