Operations STM - GSR Ops - PT/UI
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
The purpose of this position is to lead a significant team of the GSR Operations Chennai organization (~25 FTEs) - whether as direct reports or through natural teams through a holistic change journey and bring the overall GSR process to a trail blazer for how Finance and the Business work together to deliver end-to-end value.
The role offers the incumbent an opportunity to build a strong reputation as a leader, be visible to senior Finance & Business stakeholders and to be part of a celebrated winning team that will continue to build on and exemplify this process as a model for others.
The role also offers unique project and change management challenges aligned with GSR’s ongoing digital transformation.
Key Accountabilities include:
Develop the capacity and competency of the direct team and assigned natural teams, and foster an environment for success:
To oversee GSR operations encompassing Bill & Pay, Business Support (Engagement Confirmation and Pre-billing), Query Management and Account Management (overdue, reconciliation, monthly & quarterly reporting) activities and delivery on relevant process and FO L1 commitments of assigned natural teams. Develop actions where metrics delivery falls short of plan.
Build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders in FO and Business ensuring regular structured and one-to-one engagements to support ways of working and accelerate the closure of issues
Deliver 100% first time right team controls performance, by continuously improving teams focus on controls and compliance,
Manage relevant accounts in Blackline tool as Account Owner where assigned, ensure aged open items are investigated, followed up and resolved.
Promote sharing of knowledge among the team, cross teams and cross centers.
Lead key activities / workstreams in the GSR Operations space related to SBO, FO/FO-Revenue/FO-Revenue-GSR Ops priorities
During this change journey, the STM will need to continue to deliver on agreed process and FO L1 targets in a controlled manner and drive GSR’s people agenda into teams.
What we need from you?
- Experience in managing a team of multiple teams and bility to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- 15 plus years of experience in finance, accounting area and Team Management.
- Strong experience with use of SERP applications. Excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks
- Ability to remain resilient under time pressure and independently prioritize multiple competing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactively look beyond the scope of requests being made and apply creativity in developing solutions.
- Improvement mindset, with experience of identifying and driving improvement projects.
- Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists.
- Excellent communication & partnering skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills. Good communications skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.