Corporate Relations Adviser
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
HR Corporate Functions
Where you fit in
The Corporate Relations Adviser reports directly to Head Corporate Relations for Shell Singapore but works on a daily basis with the Corporate Relations (CR) Lead in the delivery of integrated Corporate Relations objectives for the Chemical & Products (C&P, including key sites), and Trading & Supply (T&S) businesses, while ensuring consistency with the overall strategy of Shell in Singapore.
This will involve implementation of internal and external communications strategies, as well as working as business partners internally with abovementioned businesses, and even externally with regulators and industry partners to enable growth in business contributing to the protection and growth of the sites’/Shell Singapore’s reputation and license to operate.
What’s the role?
You will be the valued business partner jointly responsible for delivering business success, and managing interfaces between business and other functional teams.
This role will also support delivery of effective Social Performance (SP) plans, which includes planning, risk and impact assessment, stakeholder engagement, and social investment (SI).
As Corporate Relations (CR) Adviser, you will be a strong project manager who supports the CR Lead to:
- Lead the implementation and follow-through of existing and new communications initiatives in line with internal and external plans to engage our people, our external partners, opinion makers, and stakeholders domestically and in the region, with aim to protect and maximise the overall reputation of the company
- Deliver internal and external communications on social platforms (e.g. Yammer & LinkedIn) to actively engage targeted audiences, and lead/support planning/organisation of events and activities for communication and engagement purposes
- Provide full CR support to priority projects as well as operations, including engagement and communication needs arising from emergency response and crisis management, analysis of relevant internal & external stakeholders required to be engaged (e.g. government, staff, fence line community, NGOs, and media), identify and mitigate against potential risks and issues where it concerns Shell's reputation
- Work closely primarily with the C&P (secondarily T&S) stakeholders, and relevant functional teams including the Shell Singapore country CR team to align any messaging and content that are required to be delivered through appropriate channels
- Deliver social performance (SP) initiatives that contribute to be good neighbor at key sites to ensure compliance with Shell’s Control Frameworks
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from candidates with around 5-6 years of delivery experience in corporate communications or communication agency roles.
Besides this, we also hope to see the following skills and qualifications touched by your experience:
- Strong project management and organizational skills with detail-orientation, experienced in communication management such as managing videography/photography/communication collateral production, implementation of employee communications and engagement programmes in transformation projects, managing relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders (including vendor management)
- Media relations and corporate brand management experience would be an advantage
- Agile, flexible, and adaptable in taking on a variety of new projects with ‘can-do’ spirit
- Able to gain the trust of stakeholders by demonstrating: (1) Ability to handle confidential information; (2) Ability to maintain level-headedness in the event of crisis and in managing highly sensitive issues (3) A strong growth and learner mindset
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
More about Shell in Singapore
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.