Reward and Job Evaluation Consultant
Royal Dutch Shell
Human Resources Jobs
Job Family Group:
June 30, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Where you fit in
The business landscape has fundamentally changed. Tomorrow’s environment will be different, but we expect it to be rich in opportunities for us to be competitive, to achieve our business strategy and to enable Shell to thrive in the Energy Transition going forward. To succeed, Shell organisation also needs to adapt and fundamentally change.
The new HR organisation, that refines our operating model from 2018, will allow us to further increase our impact, at lower cost, while maintaining a good employee experience.
HR will continue its journey to World Class. The four building blocks of our current operating model – HR in Business, HR in Country, Centres of Expertise, and HR Operations - will remain, as the model has proven to work well.
As HR professionals we will continue to focus on enabling business success every day and to measure ourselves on the business impact we have and the employee experience we create. People will remain at the heart of what we do.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Reward & Job Evaluation Consultant to be part of Shell’s Performance and Reward community. Our global Reward team combines the expertise areas of Reward and Job Evaluation, and team members work across both.
You will be part of a natural team, working together to deliver healthy organizational structures and reward systems that are market-relevant, equitable and cost-effective. As consultants to the businesses, functions, and countries we collaborate closely with multiple clients across several business units, sites or geographies. We leverage best practices from inside and outside of Shell, contributing to the continuing development of a world-class organization.
If you are a creative and critical thinker who is prone to action this is for you. A role within the Reward and Job Evaluation team provides an opportunity to develop your benchmarking/calibration, project management, business acumen, global working, stakeholder engagement and organizational design skills.
- Develop new or enhance current compensation programs, initiatives, and activities through the definition, development and execution of related methodologies, plans, processes and tools in accordance with organizational priorities for lines of business and country
- Partner with Global Policy team in delivering Country reviews (benefits benchmarking, pay mix review, realignment of Target Total Cash / Total remuneration to market)
- Deliver both annual and ad-hoc pay benchmarking across lines of business and varying populations (e.g. exempt, non-exempt, union and non-union hourly), including the processes for data submission to external surveys, market analysis and developing pay outcomes
- Supports development of complex major policies or accountable for leading projects as the project manager
- Support the development, roll-out and maintenance of global Reward policies and processes.
- Provide advice on Reward matters and on the application of Shell’s global pay policies
- Ensure consistent application of and alignment to the global compensation related policies and processes for countries in the region
- Manage conflicting perspectives related to pay challenges, bring parties to consensus and a robust conclusion by balancing global standards, local budget and market pressures and ER/IR aspects
- Perform job evaluations to assess fit within our architecture for new and existing roles; partner with HR and business leaders to understand work activities and requirements to develop job leveling recommendation
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, such as Country and Line of Business HR, Policy & Benefits
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and increase efficiency in the Reward Centre of Expertise
- Deep specialist with regards to relevant legislation/ policy developments; maintain external focus through network groups and other sources of external information and data
What we need from you?
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in compensation or relevant experience
- Comprehensive compensation/total reward industry experience amongst Western Hemisphere countries within Oil and Gas, Chemicals or Alternative Energy/Renewables with the ability to network across industries
- Demonstrable total reward experience across Western Hemisphere; global preferred
- Experience in project management, specific to global, regional, and local projects/processes
- Experience with varying work schedule pay practices across industries
- Experience in Pay Equity, FLSA and geographic differential planning and analysis
- Understanding of HR systems (such as Workday, HRIS and SAP)
- Experience in working across multiple countries with an understanding of complex, matrix organizations is essential
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative requirements
- Ability to flex between site-based and virtual work team environments
- A learner mindset with strong personal presence, resilience and confidence is essential as well as the capability to apply theory and practice pragmatically in a challenging and changing environment
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potentials.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.