Senior Data Analyst
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila forms the operational backbone of business processes that help deliver Shell’s business solutions across the globe. We are focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resources, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, and Contracting and Procurement. Diversity is key at SBO Manila, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining the company, you will benefit from an industry-leading development program that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career.
- Review, validate, and process requests relating to Trading data object accurately (first-time-right) and in a timely manner.
- Fully comply with controls, defined policies, operating procedures including archiving requirements, and work instructions.
- Responsible for addressing all queries related to requests and to coordinate with various focal and stakeholders for resolution as necessary. Regular interaction with business partners and stakeholders to discuss issues and blockers, and escalate as needed on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate process knowledge and excellence and act as technical lead when required.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in the process. Play active role as a member in improvement projects and lead improvement projects as needed.
- Provide inputs on a timely basis for the purpose of updating documentation on controls, work instructions, procedures, etc. Ensure compliance to record archival process.
- Support data cleansing activities as needed to support business projects and initiatives.
- Prepares and do analysis on monthly key performance metrics of the team. Facilitates regular engagement with stakeholders to discuss KPI improvements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate preferably in Finance & Accountancy , Engineering
- Experience in Trading and Shipping, and/or Supply/Logistics is desired but not required.
- Mandatory handson experience in SAP
- Experience of “2+” years in the areas of Finance & Accounts in a large organisation preferred
- Multitasking is required on a variety of internal initiatives and external projects, both independently and with other teams.
- Exposure to Master Data and process modeling desired but not required. Experience with LEAN desirable.
- Exposure to cross-functional activities.
- Knowledge of SAP, DEX and/or RADAR desired, but not required.
- Demonstrate strength in prioritizing and organizing work tasks for self and other.
- Demonstrates ability to foster a teamwork spirit.
- Exposure to Data Management policy, SOX and records Management standard is desirable.
- Exposure to Process Improvements and Transformation projects.
- Experience in Stakeholder management in a virtual world is preferred
- Proven skills in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge and experience in MS Office applications like MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, etc
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.