Business Analyst - Endur
Royal Dutch Shell
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
April 4, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
What’s the role?
The primary responsibility of the Business Analyst (BA) - Endur is to serve as the application & functional expert on the business processes, systems and data around LNG, Gas & Power ETRM Portfolios. The BA will perform business analysis and execute change activities which include both project work and sustain and improvement enhancements. The BA will work alongside with the Project Managers, developers, and other BAs to provide IT solutions and support to meet their business needs.
- Support Endur & its associate interfaces in the landscape from a Functional standpoint
- IT Business analysis work on project, discretionary, operational items - this would include Business Analysis, Business Requirements Definition, Business Solution Design, Functional Specification & Acceptance Criteria, and Acceptance Test Plan and Management
- Unit, system integration, and E2E process testing for new enhancements, projects and performs or facilitates change management communication to the user community on future IT solution changes
- Liaising with a diverse set of business and IT stakeholders
- Champion global streamlined enterprise business processes and information standardization, as well as all IT procedure and policies
- Assist with tracking and reporting progress around Application Change Requests (ACR’s)
- Develop requirement documents for change requests (fault resolution and enhancements) and ensure completeness and business sign off
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support in conjunction with ITSO/SOM
- Participate in deployment related activities for bundle releases, including cutover planning and execution
- Participate in project activities as funded
- Serve as functional subject matter expert in Openlink Endur solution
What we need from you
- Minimum 3 years working experience as Endur Business Analyst
- Experience in business analysis, business IT change management and IT project management
- Familiar with a range of analysis, modelling, and design methods
- Has broad knowledge of IT standards, applications, technology landscape, current development and trends and most commonly available products
- Has a comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management, software testing and testing events throughout the development lifecycle
- Awareness of software testing principles
- Knowledge of Openlink Endur and/or Trading business experience a plus
- Professional certification around Risk Management like FRM, ERP, CFA is an advantage
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail
- Experienced in communicating and partnering with stakeholders across cultures, organizations, and groups
- Ability to effectively engage a virtual team of leaders located in different geographies
- Strong engagement skills. Working with senior leaders on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to respond to organizational and environmental changes that impact projects
- Ability to self-start and direct efforts based on high-level business objectives yet seek guidance as necessary
- Willingness to travel periodically
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.