COP Offshore Structures Engineer
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Where you fit in
The Civil, Offshore Structures, and Pipelines (COP) Offshore Structures Engineer within the NAM/ONEgas COP Chapter, shall provide technical discipline expertise and Agile leadership to safely and cost effectively maintain the integrity of critical NAM/ONEgas Offshore Structures infrastructure. This includes in delivering cost effective solutions for Projects, Inspection, Reliability, Maintenance, Contracting, and Repair activities, whilst minimising impact on production operations in line with the Business Plan.
NAM/ONEgas is an asset group of gas and oil production in the Southern North Sea and onshore Netherlands, and is an operating unit of Shell’s Upstream business organisation. Assets include some 50 offshore gas production installations, including 6 manned offshore hubs, some 300 onshore production locations and 2,000+ kilometers of onshore and offshore pipelines. Offshore Structures are primarily fixed leg and monopile construction, in 10-30 meters water depth.
What’s the role?
The COP Offshore Structures Engineer is responsible to support the safe & cost-effective operation of Offshore Structures infrastructure, via delivery of technical and Agile leadership.
Key specific activities include:
- As a champion of the Structural Integrity Management System (SIMS), ensure that this core backbone to fundamental integrity management of ONEgas Offshore Structures infrastructure is flawlessly applied, maintained, and continuously improved. SIMS includes standard proactive inspection regime, workflows, review / auditing program, reporting, and other key integrity elements.
- Support compliance to ongoing regulatory commitments (e.g. UK HSE, NL SoDM) from an offshore structures perspective, including life extensions, independent / 3rd party review, annual reporting, and regulatory engagement / audit support
- Provide direct asset support as needed for various offshore load & structural checks, inspection finding review, risk ranking, prioritization, etc. Particular focus areas include caisson management, conductor / platform movement monitoring, jackup integrity, airgap, fabric maintenance, and others.
- Lead initiatives to improve the technical integrity and availability of our installations from a structural engineering perspective.
- Liaise and provide support to Projects, both for new development, Energy Transition, as well as decommissioning & reuse (D&R) of aging / end of field life assets
- Support to Metocean, Subsea, and other dependent disciplines
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to improve the status of structures and minimize maintenance costs, collaborating with cross border asset teams, contractors and external authorities, etc., and sharing best practices.
The role will also emphasize and encourage multiskilling opportunities across COP to include Civil and Pipeline agenda items, and potentially additional responsibilities in NAM/ONEgas’s Agile agenda (Squad lead opportunities, etc.)
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with professional experience in offshore structures, particularly on the inspection and maintenance side. You’ll also call on your degree in applicable pipeline engineering field (structures, civil, mechanical, etc.) or equivalent.
We also hope you possess the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of international structural and marine design codes and standards in the oil and gas processing industry, including in applicable UK and NL regulations
- Knowledge of foundation design, dynamic analysis (fixed structures and floating systems), hydrodynamics, loading in wind, waves and currents, structural dynamics and fatigue, and the design of plated structures, mooring and riser systems.
- Strong influencing and communication skills, including a record of delivering results through others, and demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge / experience in Lean & Agile operating fundamentals
- Knowledge / experience in other COP disciplines including Civil, Pipelines, Metocean, and/or Subsea a plus
The role is based either in ONEgas offices in Great Yarmouth, UK, or the NAM offices in Assen, NL, and shall include periodic field trips as required to the offshore production installations and / or external engineering offices / agencies, etc.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.