Japanese Speaker - Accounts Payable
Royal Dutch Shell
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
This post will be responsible for supporting the Team Manager in delivering value to Shell through operating and innovating world-class Accounts Payable RTP process.
This position requires working closely with various stakeholders across different levels in Contracting and Procurement, Businesses and Finance
1. Effectively and efficiently operate and continuously improve Accounts Payable RTP process
Understand and effectively operate financial controls
Escalate items that interfere with the completion of the reconciliation activities to Team Manager
Performs weekly/monthly consolidation and submission of KPIs to Process Excellence, CP I&I. Provides analysis and insights on the performance.
Identify and implement process improvements within assigned scope
Acts as AP focal point for CP, Business, and other parts of FO
Provides practical and analytical support to ensure all Accounts Payable transactions are correctly accounted for in the general ledger and expenses are reported on a timely basis for each financial month-end close
2. Maintain an effective working relationship with key stakeholders, including but not limited to CP Operations Delivery, CP Data, RA DS Business Analyst, AP PE P&P Expert, CP PGS Process Expert, Country Finance Advisors
Initiates, manages, and actively attends operational meetings, including operational AP-CP connects, to discuss performance, issues, collaboration.
Demonstrate and role model One Finance Behaviours and Safe Hands
3. Participate in projects, change programs and initiatives that impact area of responsibility, including but not limited to migrations, scope changes, setting up new entities in collaboration with other teams, digitalization projects and business change programmes.
4. Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) mindset and culture
1. Collaborating successfully in a multicultural and virtual environment, including delivering results through others without formal authority
2. Maintaining high quality of output despite pressure in meeting daily cut-offs
3. Demonstrate ability to co-create solutions and influence business partners with diverse seniority when complex issues arise
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration preferred
Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar or related role
Strong accounting knowledge of AP process and systems
Strong communication skills
Fluent in English and Japanese
Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Innovative and open minded
Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to details
Good organizational skills with ability to succeed under tight deadlines
Work Shift: 8AM-5PM
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.