Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Director, Legal Operations
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Senior Director, Legal Operations at Rocket Software will lead efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal department by optimizing workflows and project managing strategic legal initiatives. We are seeking a forward-thinking leader with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute on company initiatives and establish scalable workflows.
- Manage and support key projects across Rocket’s global legal department, collaborating with cross-functional team members at all levels to execute Legal-driven initiatives efficiently.
- Build out contract automation and related workflows to streamline the contract management process, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Create and maintain robust information management processes for the storage of critical legal documents, including contracts, corporate governance materials, policies, and project tracking information.
- Ensure legal information is organized, accessible, and compliant.
- Summarize contractual terms and other business and legal matters at scale across the organization, providing actionable insights to support decision-making processes.
- Essential to this role is a deep understanding of Legal platforms to track and streamline the negotiation process for commercial contracts, ensuring efficient and effective contract management.
- Contribute to strategic planning efforts within the Legal department, helping to define priorities, set objectives, and manage budgets effectively to support the department’s goals.
- Identify and implement new tools and scalable processes that can further enable the team to streamline new and existing practices.
- Drive projects forward and solve complex problems efficiently.
- Implement and support other compliance technology tools and processes, including those relating to staffing, entity management, data privacy, export compliance and tracking and updating policies and online terms of service.
- Collaborate with Finance to support the budgeting process to ensure that Legal budgets are accurate and well-managed.
- Support and collaborate with other Rocket Software departments in using shared technology tools, including Finance, IT/Security and HR.
- 5-8 Years of Experience; 3 years of experience in contract management, legal operations, or a similar field (whether in-house or in a firm setting), demonstrating your expertise in legal processes and procedures.
- Experience with contract management and automation tools is essential, i.e., Salesforce, DocuSign and DocuSign CLM, and other CLM tools including experience and interest in leveraging AI technology for contract management, as well as experience with other compliance technology tools, i.e., OneTrust, TrustArc, Descartes, Workday, Jira, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with managing legal budgets and spreadsheets, as well as the ability to prepare and summarize metrics and other financial information needed to support the legal function, is also critical.
- Proficiency in maintaining contract templates, including but not limited to NDAs, vendor agreements, commercial agreements, and data processing agreements, is a must.
- Experience leading initiatives in a fast-paced environment with a variety of business stakeholders.
- Experience with global software/SAAS contracting is a preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills across a wide variety of stakeholders, with the ability to present information clearly and concisely to difference audiences.
- Strategic thinker able to thing holistically while focusing on day-to-day project management and driving results.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A strong interest in legal practice and processes as well as new developments in the technology that supports the legal profession.
- Experience with legal documents in language other than English is a plus.
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!