Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Engineer II ( Java Full Stack - Chennai)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Software Engineer-II designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools. Determines software’s compatibility with hardware and/or influences software's design in relation to hardware.
Position Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Software Engineer II (Java Full Stack)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance, maintain, and support our cutting-edge Content Services Platform, primarily using Java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, problem resolution.
- Work in an agile environment with a cross-functional team staffed in the USA and India
Required Individual Traits
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work in and across teams.
- Should be an individual contributor/self-learner.
- Focus on usability and quality.
- Eager to learn new tools or technologies required for the project.
- Reliable and willing to take over responsibility for the achieved results.
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in the Software Development field.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills.
Required (Primary) Skills
- Demonstrable professional expertise in Java programming, having expertise in Java, Spring Boot, Webservices, Angular
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithms, multi-threading, object-oriented programming, and design patterns.
- Experience with Angular 2+ and/or Bootstrap framework.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software development for the Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Practical knowledge of working with one or more of the following J2EE application servers: Tomcat, WebSphere.
Desired (Secondary) Skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and at least one RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
- Experience working with Web Services (REST) with an understanding of RESTful service design.
- Experience working J2EE microservices and Orchestrated environment.
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
0 - 10%
Job Family Group: Engineering
Job Family: Software & Quality Assurance Engineering
Job Profile Name: Software Engineer P2
Employee Type: Individual Contributor
Job Level: P2 (Developing)
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!