Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
General Ledger Specialist
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Accountant role is part of the Global Accounting team responsible for Accounting and Financial Operations of multiple legal entities in EMEA working closely with an inhouse Shared Service Centre to drive timely and accurate reporting. This role will report to the EMEA Controller, based in the UK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the monthly accounting close process for the Switzerland (x2) and French entities.
- Overall responsibility for monthly reconciliations of GL balances and bank accounts overseeing inputs from the in-house Shared Service Centre in areas such as AR, AP, FA and Intercompany.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting & provides insights regarding variance to Plan/PY.
- Prepare working capital and cash forecasts and provide ongoing support to AR and AP issue resolution with the Shared Services Centre
- Prepare payroll control account reconciliations with input from the external provider.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns.
- Prepare corporation tax estimates and returns in conjunction with the centralized tax department.
- Prepare country specific statistical returns and other ad-hoc external requests.
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast pace environment.
- French language to intermediate level - preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Accounting ERP systems – Oracle, Hyperion an advantage
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Excel
- Software experience preferred.
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce..
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!