Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Solutions Advisor
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Senior Solutions Advisor will provide advanced technical support in the field for DB2 Tools for z/OS. The Advisor will represent the customers’ needs to the development team to ensure development roadmaps support clients’ needs. Serves as the lab advocate to ensure the customer’s expectations are set correctly related to technical issues on the software. Assists sales in presenting and demonstrating these products and/or solutions to customers and support/drive POCs and POTs as well as providing deployment support and education as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced technical knowledge of Rocket products within a lab, including new releases, new products and interfaces
- Proven track record of partnering well across multiple functions and disciplines
- Understand and articulate complex business problem(s) customers are trying to solve for, to identify the right technology to bring forward to the customer
- Present and deliver highly technical product training
- Interact with lab and product support to research and respond to detailed questions from prospective and current customers
- Deliver proof of concept and proof of technologies to customers
- Ensure that clients’ needs have been met and that product/solution is fully functioning according to specifications
- Share customer feedback to product management in a variety of customer environments
- Identify opportunities for additional customer technology enhancements through understanding of mainframe solutions
- Deliver services that allow for successful proof of concept and post-sales deployment
- Guide client in the set-up and configuration of mainframe solutions and train customers in administration and use of those products
- Convey technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Act as the product expert for all audience levels within a lab
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Handle objectives professionally, answers questions quickly and coherently, deals with challenges assertively and persuasively
- Mentors junior LSE and SE team members
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of DB2 for z/OS utilities and the concepts of database administration, backup and recovery, data maintenance, and DB2 for z/OS application performance
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Previous technical software sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of Python preferred
- Proven critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management, and communications skills
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated, and disciplined to work remotely with limited supervision
- Strong work ethic and committed to client’s success
- Solid communication skills required to keep all internal stakeholders updated on the progress of each opportunity
- Confident and dynamic speaker
- Attendance at conferences and customer events to promote the technology may be required
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.The base salary range for this role is $111,199.00 - $138,999.00 /year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location..
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!