Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Engineer III
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:Job Overview: The Software Engineer III designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for new products, new features and software enhancements.
You will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment where you will bring your deep technical expertise to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Your ability to collaborate effectively with other Rocketeers across geographies and technologies will be vital to retain our solutions as the premier technology in the industry. Apply for this exciting opportunity to grow professionally as a part of a dynamic team that continues to grow this business!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mastery of software systems
- Proficient at complex programming exercising independence and discretion while working independently
or as part of a team.
- May lead a team on short or long-term projects as needed.
- Act as the technical subject matter expert for a product domain and may act as the technical leader within a team.
- Works independently to create new products, new features, implement software enhancements, correct defects.
- Set the direction for design and implementation of software features/functionality, correction of defects
and/or creation of new products
- Documents and communicates on complex technical topics outside the immediate development team
- May interact with customer users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- History of success working within a team environment
- Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience
- Excellent designing and coding skills
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Experience in building and testing Java EE applications
- Expert in popular Java frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot
- Strong experience with SQL Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) including JDBC
- Experience in REST API & JSON documents
- Experience in Web application development using HTML/HTML5, CSS, XML
- Programming background in Python/Shell and/or similar scripting languages
- Proficient understanding and experience of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins) and build tools (Maven, Gradle)
- Fluency in English language, both written and spoken excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to deal professionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization and across geographies.
- Strong background in IBMi OS on IBM Power Servers
- Conversant with IBM AIX or Linux or Windows
- Conversant with public cloud vendors such as IBM Cloud or AWS or Azure
- Some experience or willingness to learn containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment with constantly evolving priorities.
- Ability to analyze complex problems into simple sub problems and then reuse available solutions to implement most of those.
- Ability to design simple systems that can work efficiently without needing much support.
- Agile development methodologies
The base salary range for this role is $124K- $155K /year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Job Family Group: Engineering
Job Family: Software & Quality Assurance Engineering
Job Profile Name: Software Engineer III
Employee Type: Individual Contributor
Job Level: P3 (Career)
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!