Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Manager Software Engineering
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Manager, Software Engineering will be assigned complex products or a full product line of solutions from the Rocket Software portfolio. The Manager, Software Engineering will be part of Rocket Software’s dynamic team of domain experts who work at a fast pace and who expect the best from their staff. Person will be responsible for a global team of software and/or quality engineers who are focused on building world class software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and setting direction for design and implementation of software features/functionality, testing, correction of defects and/or creation of new products
- Will be responsible for leading the development and quality teams to review customer requirements, holding design meetings, conduct peer code reviews, and ensuring the team is delivering the correct requirements
- Coaching and mentoring team members of all skill levels to perform optimally
- Building out the development and test teams in the region and will be required to onboard your team and assist in training your new team members
- Ensure that bug fixes are released in a timely manner and that the development team is responsive to the global technical support team
- Implementing corporate policies regarding Product Development processes, standards and automation, and will ensure the development team is adhering to those standards to operate efficiently
- Will be highly organized and detail-oriented, and you must track the activity of all global developer and test staff members to ensure not only that customer expectations are met, but also to plan for future innovation
- Collaborate with other Rocketeers across geographies and technologies to ensure Rocket remains the leader in the industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team of technical engineers – Software and/or Quality Engineering
- Proven track record of synthesizing multiple internal and external sources of input into product requirements
- Strong leadership skills and experience successfully managing a globally dispersed team
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to deal professionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization and across geographies
- Excellent listening skills
- Intensely curious and always learning
- Maintains productivity level throughout challenges and competing demands
- Ability to prioritize work based on all parameters
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Willing to travel internationally and domestically as needed
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce..
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!