Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Application Developer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:Senior Application Developers on the Global Business Applications team are responsible for developing new features and functionality, and enhancing application capabilities on Rocket’s critical back office systems and platforms. The Senior Application Developer is responsible for engineering, enhancing, and testing applications and platforms.
Job Overview: The Senior Applications Developer is a member of the Business Applications Team and is looking for a IT professional with an understanding of financial business applications. This person will be responsible for developing solutions within Oracle EBS R12 and also integrations to Oracle EBS R12.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support of the Oracle EBS R12 environment and resolve business issues and challenges.
- Work independently on multiple projects against deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while consistently producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines
- Develop applications and interfaces that provide robust functionality that meet requirements from the business.
- Collaborate with other IT functions and develop integrations per business requirement.
- Participate in the full application life cycle, from technical design to development, testing, deployment, and post-live support
- Plan and implement data migration and conversion activities
- 8+ years of professional experience of Oracle EBS R12 development experience
- 3+ years of experience integrating business systems
- Experience in developing custom enhancements to business syststems using Oracle Application Express.
- Expertise in database concepts, PL/SQL and SQL.
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on Oracle EBS platform
- Implementation expertise and practical experience working on large Oracle projects involving complex integration with other systems
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP capabilities, tables and development tools, including but not limited to Oracle SQL Developer, Toad for Oracle.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Working experience in an Agile environment involving daily status meeting, POC and demos
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience troubleshooting and finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce..
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!