Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Data Scientist
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:Rocket's Data Modernization Business Unit aids customers in managing, governing, and maximizing the value of their enterprise data assets. Our clientele comprises many Fortune 500 companies, including some of the world's largest banks, insurance companies, and manufacturing organizations. We are currently seeking motivated and innovative individuals to join our applied machine learning team. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in the continued evolution of our world-class solutions.
The Senior Data Scientist is a highly motivated and experienced individual proficient in advanced machine learning models, particularly language models, document understanding and analysis, and code generation. They will be responsible for understanding and adapting current research. The position requires a deep understanding of computational linguistics, image processing, and Python programming. The selected candidate will be part of a collaborative team dedicated to building, fine-tuning, and deploying state-of-the-art models to solve real-world problems in information management, data intelligence, content automation, audit, and analytics. This presents an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we assemble a world-class applied machine-learning team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult with key internal and external stakeholders to understand and frame model requirements and potential applications.
· Design, develop, and deploy machine learning models using tools and platforms optimized for distributed machine learning.
· Recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
· Evaluate the applicability of current research to our problem domain and software solutions.
· Collaborate closely with software engineers to integrate the trained models into end-user applications.
· Develop sound analytic plans based on available data sources, business partner needs, and required timelines.
· Manage deliverables across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and project related to a wide variety of business settings.
· Present results, insights, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· 8+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in the professional management of junior data scientists within projects and their continuous professional development.
· Expertise in Python, Linux, and ML, familiarity with SQL.
· Demonstrated ability to find creative and practical solutions to complex problems.
· Proven experience in applying Data Science methodologies to extract, process, and transform data from multiple sources.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver outputs in a comprehensive format that highlights major trends, avoids misinterpretations, and values the conclusions.
· A quick learner, highly adaptable to the needs of internal collaborators in a dynamic environment.
· Efficiency in managing multiple projects.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment.
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or directly related fields.
While all the above qualifications are important, we also value candidates who display a strong passion for continued learning, possess a spirit of innovation, and show high adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce..
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!