Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Principal Enterprise Architect
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:As a Principal Enterprise Architect at Rocket Software, you are part of a global, fast-paced IT organization with a primary mission to provide world class service to software development labs and internal departments ensuring our employees can perform at the highest level. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of complex systems in your area of expertise. As a technical leader in several infrastructure domains, you will work on a team interacting with development labs to design complex infrastructure and deliver projects on time and on budget. You will identify, analyze, and resolve system issues and report on deficiencies in configuration, process, and documentation as well as develop and recommend corrective actions. You will collaborate with senior members of the team to influence and make suggestions that aid in the designing of technical solutions and lead the group in the completion of that solution. You will be called on to operationalize tasks and mentor junior team members empowering them to further their skill sets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a subject matter expert in multiple technology domains, including compute and virtualization with a focus on Pure Storage, VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, vSphere Replication, ESXi and Cisco UCS in a multi-domain and multi-site configuration.
- Development of compute and virtualization roadmaps and standard configurations.
- Frequently interacts with vendors / partners to define solutions and configurations that meet budget requirements.
- Works with CoLo data center vendors to implement new requirements and resolve issues.
- Frequently interacts with Rocket development teams to define system and business requirements to support Rocket Software development efforts.
- Support key technology initiatives including virtualization, data center, disaster recovery, merger and acquisition activities, capacity planning, and budgeting.
- Performs systems performance analysis and optimization.
- Provides capacity planning metrics to support budget inputs and new purchases.
- Performs day-to-day system administration and tasks for assigned systems.
- Develop automations for systems monitoring, management, and configurations.
- Recommend strategies and standards for all platform infrastructures.
- Ensure security, best practices, and documentation exist for all new and existing infrastructure related systems and applications.
- Provide timely problem resolution, incident management, and root cause analysis.
- Perform duties following all company standards regarding engagement, change management, and escalations.
- Create and maintain a knowledgebase of standard operating procedure documents.
- Evaluate business and technology requirements to determine the best fit for environment.
- Act as a mentor for junior team members to allow them to further their skill sets and operationalize tasks where possible.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Math, or related field with a minimum 5 years of solutions architecture experience.
- Ten or more years of education and/or relevant experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco UCS server infrastructure in a multi-site, multi-domain environment
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco UCS Manager and UCS Central
- Expert level knowledge of VMWare vSphere, ESXi, VMware Horizon and vSphere Replication
- Experience with Pure Storage FlashArray and FlashBlade
- Experience with iSCSI, NAS, NFS, and fibre channel protocols
- Strong scripting and automation skills with PowerShell and PowerCLI
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; desire and ability to document configurations in support of a larger team
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on listening and questioning to derive the best solutions
- Strong project management skills and attention to details with a customer focus is critical
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
- Ability to present ideas and solutions to challenging issues; then lead and implement those ideas
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in a team environment that values data-driven decisions
- Able to communicate, engage, and influence effectively across the organization, including C-Level stakeholders.
- Experience with VMware SRM or equivalent application
- Experience with Veeam Backup & Recovery or similar product
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure preferred)
- Experience running proof-of-concepts
- Familiarity with DevOps orchestration and automation concepts
- Understanding of server technologies such as Windows and Unix/Linux
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Customer Service Skills
- Documentation and Communications
- Problem solving
- Technically proficient in a broad spectrum of technologies
- Technically curious
- Leadership Capabilities
- Coaching and Mentoring
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study preferred
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.The base salary range for this role is $126,706.00 - $158,382.50 /year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location..
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!