Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Principal Data Scientist
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:Job Overview:
Rocket's Data Modernization Business Unit aids customers in managing, governing, and maximizing the value of their enterprise data assets. Our clientele comprises many Fortune 500 companies, including some of the world's largest banks, insurance companies, and manufacturing organizations. We are currently seeking motivated and innovative individuals to join our applied machine learning team. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in the continued evolution of our world-class solutions.
The Principal Data Scientist is a highly motivated and experienced individual proficient in advanced machine learning models, particularly language models, document understanding and analysis, and code generation. The role will involve understanding and adapting current research. The position requires a deep understanding of computational linguistics, image processing, and Python programming. The selected candidate will be part of a collaborative team dedicated to building, fine-tuning, and deploying state-of-the-art models to solve real-world problems in information management, data intelligence, content automation, audit, and analytics. This presents an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we assemble a world-class applied machine learning team.
You will set the team up for success, defining best practices, illustrating canonical methods, designing roadmaps, and recommending the best technologies for the task at hand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead specification, design, and implementation of advanced analytics projects.
- Influencing decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Managing deliverables across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and project related to a wide variety of business settings and clinical needs.
- Stay abreast and evaluate the latest in AI research and technologies and determine how to incorporate these into our data science best practices.
- Consult with key internal and external stakeholders to understand and frame model requirements and potential applications.
- Design, develop, and deploy machine learning models using tools and platforms optimized for distributed machine learning.
- Recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Collaborate closely with software engineers to integrate the trained models into end-user applications.
- Develop sound analytic plans based on available data sources, business partner needs, and required timelines.
- Manage deliverables across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and project related to a wide variety of business settings.
- Present results, insights, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in professional management of junior data scientists within projects and their continuous professional development.
- Expertise in Python, Linux, and ML, familiarity with SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience in applying Data Science methodologies to extract, process, and transform data from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outputs in a comprehensive format that highlights major trends, avoids misinterpretations and values the conclusions.
- A quick learner, highly adaptable to the needs of internal collaborators in a dynamic environment.
- Efficiency in managing multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or directly related fields is a plus.
Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or directly related field
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.The base salary range for this role is $144,200.00 - $180,250.00 /year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location..
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!