Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Tax Analyst
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:The Senior Tax Analyst will assist the Tax Managers as needed with domestic and foreign corporate tax compliance, reporting, and planning. This position is ideal for an ambitious tax professional who seeks variety and an opportunity to grow within a fast-paced and dynamic tax department at an entrepreneurial and rapidly-growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review federal, state and local tax returns and workpapers including managing the data provided to outside preparers.
- Compile and review book-to-taxable income adjustments
- Calculate and file estimated tax payments and extension requests
- Manage the sales & use tax process, including managing relationship with outside vendors, reviewing sales/use tax returns and maintaining exemption certificates, reconciling general ledger accounting, assisting order management personnel and identifying process efficiencies.
- Assist in federal tax examinations and other communications/inquiries from IRS Gather and analyze information to comply with state income tax and state sales tax examinations, including acting as a direct point of contact with the examiner.
- Manage the correspondence received from state tax authorities and insure timely response and resolution.
- Analyze accrued and deferred taxes
- Assist in the review and analysis of tax considerations in mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepare tax provision and workpapers for GAAP financial statements and assume primary responsibility for inputting data and managing tax provision software
- Prepare written memoranda of various tax research projects
- Keep current with tax legislation and identify tax savings opportunities
- Maintain tax calendar
- Provide timely customer service to internal stakeholders responding to tax-related requests
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA and/or MST preferred.
- 3 + years of corporate tax compliance and accounting experience
- Experience working in a multi-state, international environment.
- Enthusiastic and detail- oriented team player, with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong excel skills are required. Experience with OneSource Tax Provision, Sage, Oracle/Essbase, and/or Vertex, is a plus.
What Rocket Software can offer you in USA:
Extensive paid time off programs (paid holidays, sick, and unlimited vacation time)
Healthcare coverage options to fit you (and your family’s) needs
Retirement savings, with matching contributions by Rocket Software
Life and disability coverage
Leadership and skills training opportunities
Two paid work days for off-site training
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!