Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Software Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
Senior Software Engineer is responsible for solving complex issues and developing unique solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on our highly skilled technical engineers in our Research & Development group to help drive their success. Strong problem-solving skills, communication, and the ability to develop creative solutions are a must.
As a Senior Software Engineer in EngageOne line of business, you will be a member of one of our product development team. You will have and utilize industry knowledge of software development best practices, knowledge of company established processes and standards, and strong product knowledge. In this role, you will be a direct contributor to our latest cloud (AWS) based solution and collaborate with architects, product managers, UX and other software engineers. You will be expected to be hands on and stay up to date with the latest technology. This position is perfect for someone looking to grow their skills and gain valuable experience in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the implementation of product features, responsible for coding, unit testing, integration testing and participating in the full SDLC.
- Participate in our Agile SCRUM methodology with 2-week sprints, attending sprint reviews, sprint planning and retrospectives to continuously improve the team's processes.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our security posture by working with the security team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Evaluate, learn, and incorporate new technologies into new and existing frameworks and solutions as applicable.
- Participate in the deployment of new cloud services and enhance CICD pipeline capabilities within our SaaS solution.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience with coding in Java or Python with AWS cloud experience.
- Good understanding of software development principles and practices, along with knowledge of automated testing.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices when using Gitlab, Gitlab Pipelines and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience of creating Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, DevOps skills and automated deployment is preferred.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and new technologies; eagerness to share knowledge and expertise with other developers.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong proficiency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse and distributed product teams in an agile environment.
- DevOps skills (Containers & Docker, Lambda Functions, Step Functions, cloud watch/logging, API geteways, GitLab build pipelines)