Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
Precisely Support Engineers answer questions and assist with the resolution of complex issues and unique solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on the highly skilled technical talent in the support group to help drive the success of their Data Integration investments in our Connect CDC family of products, including Connect CDC SQData, Connect CDC Share and the new Data Integrity Suite. Strong problem-solving skills, technical depth, communication, and the ability to develop creative solutions are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will provide world class technical support over the phone, email, and video conference. Goals include meeting SLA requirements, updating stakeholders in a timely manner, and documenting and recording critical information.
- You will address and resolve issues quickly and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will investigate, analyze, and solve complex problems occurring on a wide range of platforms, software systems, and databases.
- You understand the complexities of enterprise systems and be able to determine if the cause of an issue is within the product, third party libraries, platform libraries, product configurations, or user developed code, scripts and Jobs.
- You will continuously learn new technology, tools, systems, and share that knowledge within the team
- You will also share solutions by authoring knowledge base articles for use by customers and team members as well as identifying documentation deficiencies.
- You will debug and provide recommended solutions and tools to address product issues and enhancements.
- You will work periodic weekend shifts for on call support.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, and exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of database management systems including relational database design principles, tuning, SQL execution, and configuration.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills, with experience with C, C++, Java, or other object orientated languages.
- Understanding of networking design principals, including TCP, IP, HTTP/S, S/FTP, ODBC, SMTP and other data communication protocols.
- UNIX/Linux (Red Hat EL, AIX) knowledge and administration
- z/OS (Mainframe) ISPF, JCL, file systems and z/Linux (OMVS)
- IBM i and iSeries
- Database systems (Db2/z, IMS/z, VSAM/z, Db2/LUW, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Analytical systems (Snowflake, Vertica, Redshift)
- Database CDC tools such as Oracle GoldenGate, Qlik (Attunity), and InfoSphere
- Distributed computing experience including networked clustering and load balancing
- Streaming communication platforms (Kafka, IBM MQ)
- Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, EC2, EMR, GCP, S3)
- Containerization (Docker and Kubernetes)