Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Technical Consultant - Data Governance
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
A Senior Technical Consultant - Data Governance is primarily responsible for advising, planning, and leading Data360 Govern implementations. You will ensure our clients develop a strong governance framework to proactively find, understand, and manage their data for better business outcomes based on trusted data.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Advise clients in their journey towards becoming data driven.
- Understand client requirements and translate them into Data360 Govern solutions.
- Implement best practices across the organization to govern data and manage critical data assets.
- Support data governance organizations and project sponsors in the roll-out of Data360 Govern.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address barriers to data governance and gain alignment between IT organizations and the business.
- Mentor and train data governance teams on the use and configuration of Data360 Govern.
- Coordinate integration of critical data assets from third-party solutions and tools.
- Coordinate technical resources responsible for product installation procedures and setup of authentication methods such as SSO.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of consulting experience.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in place of the education requirement.
- Knowledge of data landscapes within an organization and experience in analyzing end-to-end data flows.
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to collect and research data issues.
- Ability to identify data relationships and data dependencies.
- Ability to design efficient workflows and processes.
- Ability to define and set up data policies to govern data.
- Effective presenter with the ability to engage and focus audience attention while presenting information logically and persuasively. Inspires audience to action.
- Affinity with use cases such as GDPR, Business Glossary, Data Quality, Data Lineage or Reporting Governance.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, or CPG.
- Familiarity with leading enterprise tools such as MDM solutions, SAP or similiar ERP solutions, Salesforce, Markit, Bloomberg, and ETL solutions a plus.
- Experience with other data governance solutions a plus.