Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Systems Engineer (Cloud)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This role is 100% remote located in the United States. The Systems Engineer (Cloud) will be responsible for managing and maintaining the existing corporate cloud infrastructures; Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Amazon Web Services, and VMware. The premise cloud includes responsibility for the on-premises server, storage, and virtualized infrastructure. Candidates for this position should have extensive Azure experience provisioning and maintaining services such as: Microsoft Entra, App Services, Storage Accounts, Azure Networking, etc. with a strong focus on securing these services. In addition, this engineer must be proficient with VMWare and related technologies, and Dell servers and storage.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administer, Support, Secure, and Maintain Microsoft Azure.
- Ensuring high availability, scalability, and disaster recovery for Azure and VMWare environments.
- Implementing and managing hybrid cloud solutions that integrate on-premises VMWare infrastructure with Azure services
- Configuring and maintaining Azure Subscriptions, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, and Network Security Groups.
- Optimizing and monitoring VMWare vSphere or other hypervisors to ensure efficient resource utilization and performance.
- Proficient in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues that may arise within our cloud or on-premises infrastructure, including physical servers, storage systems, and network connectivity.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices for Azure, AWS, and VMWare deployments.
- Analyzing resource utilization trends to forecast capacity requirements and ensure that Azure and VMWare environments can meet future demands.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and provide technical expertise for projects and initiatives.
- Administer and Maintain Security & Compliance tools including Azure Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Classification (sensitivity labels and info types), information governance, data investigations and eDiscovery.
Requirements and Qualifications: Override and add the information that applies to each bullet below.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ Years Experience working with a large Microsoft 365/Azure tenant (500+ users).
- 7+ Years Experience working with a large VMWare Enterprise Deployment
- Experience with Azure technologies including Entra, App Services, Keyvaults, networking, storage, etc.
- Experience with VMWare technologies including VSphere, ESX, VSAN, VRA, NSX-T, Horizon.
- Experience with Dell platforms such as Poweredge, PowerProtect, and SC/Unity
- No travel required
- Certifications such as Azure Administrator Associate and VMWare Certified Professional a plus.