Senior Technical Revenue Accountant
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This role will join our Finance and Accounting Team and will be responsible for providing technical revenue accounting guidance and interpretations to the finance organization and other constituents, assisting with determining accounting treatments for complex revenue arrangements, assisting with the establishment of revenue recognition policies, processes and controls, and longer term helping the Company prepare to be an SEC registrant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review, analyze, model revenue recognition, and document complex multiple element arrangements to support compliance with applicable external authoritative guidance (US GAAP and IFRS) and internal company policies.
- Draft and evolve with the Director the Company's global revenue accounting policies, particularly complex and non-routine arrangements, to ensure ongoing compliance with US GAAP and ASC 606.
- Work closely with FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly management reporting and flux analyses for multiple revenue streams.
- Work with cross-functional groups to ensure agreements are structured in a way that supports the achievement sales and business objectives while maintaining compliance with revenue recognition requirements.
- Work with M&A team to complete due diligence, provide integration assistance and direct ASC 606 compliance for the company.
- Responsible for key aspects of the integration of the revenue cycle with acquisitions.
- Responsible for special projects, analyses and process improvements, as required.
- Responsible to support of the Company’s external audits (and any quarterly or other interim reviews) for the consolidated company, and several foreign subsidiaries.
- Responsible to implement internal controls related to the SEC reporting process in support of management’s and the external auditors’ assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience required; ideal candidate will have public accounting and software industry experience, but industry experience not required.
- Minimum of 3 years in public accounting with a Big Four or international firm.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and CPA Certification required.
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP and ASC 606, particularly software revenue recognition. Knowledge of IFRS preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to interpret complex contractual agreements including various master agreements, amendments, SOW’s, work orders, change orders, purchase orders.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply revenue accounting guidance and prepare formal, well-supported, accounting position papers and supporting analyses.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills. Knowledge of NetSuite not required but is a plus.
- Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
- Process optimization focused; vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- Team player, comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- Hard working, detail oriented.