Collections Specialist - Shared Services
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Collection Specialist you are responsible for assisting in preparation of outstanding accounts and aging reports, gathering credit and/or collection reference information, generating standard reports, performing data entry, clerical duties and mailing information to customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage collections, including making necessary calls as directed by management, and ensure adherence to the collections schedule.
- Maintain customer accounts and the associated database, proactively reconciling any outstanding accounts receivable (AR) issues.
- Communicate with customers professionally through phone, email, or mail, maintaining a polite demeanor at all times.
- Handle moderately complex assignments that require judgment in problem resolution and routine recommendations.
- Generate and distribute monthly statements to customers, and diligently follow up on past-due invoices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required, with 5 years being preferred for the role.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
- The ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and have experience in a mid-market or larger Shared Services Function.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Ability to remain resilient in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Netsuite accounting software is considered a plus.