Senior Software Engineer ( Java)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
- As a Senior Software Engineer in a product development organization, you will be part of the team that designs and develops Java applications in the enterprise domain. You will collaborate with architects, product managers and other software developers for developing product features. You are expected to be hands on with Java and up to date with the latest cloud native development technologies such as Containers, Kubernetes, Microservices, Storage, API Management, etc. on AWS/Azure Platforms.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design & Development of Java applications
- End to end technical ownership of Product features
- Effort estimation, participation in Agile ceremonies, design, code reviews
- Evaluate, learn and incorporate new technologies into new and existing frameworks and solutions as applicable
- Participate, own technical designs, constructively suggest and receive ideas and feedbacks for solutions
- Collaborate with other team members, also work with cross-functional teams as required
- Improve quality of code and work on Non-Functional Requirements such as Performance, Scalability, Reliability, etc.
- Be agile and embrace change. other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in enterprise Java application development & deployment using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Cloud Native Application development using Cloud Native Technologies & Microservices.
- Experience in developing & consuming REST APIs in building scalable, modern web applications.
- Optional Qualifications would be plus but not required.
- Experience of Cloud & DB Technologies.
- Experience in Application Security domain.
- Experience in working with multitude of open source libraries in a complex enterprise product architecture.